UL Warns of Counterfeit Sprinklers
- UL speaks out on counterfeiting. McLAUGHLIN, PATRICK // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
The author reflects on the discovery of CommScope Systimax brand cable counterfeit and the unauthorized use of Underwriters Laboratories Inc.'s (UL) logo. He notes that the counterfeit is considered an affront to both organizations. He relates John Drengenberg's contention that there is nothing...
- Warning labels do not generate safety. CO still kills. Berke, Lanny // Machine Design;7/23/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 14, p39
The author criticizes the UL 2201 published by the Underwriters Laboratories Inc. which is known as Standard for Portable Engine-Generator Assemblies. He argues that the standard which calls for proper generator labeling is not enough to prevent deadly accidents resulting from misuse without the...
- Products. // Supply House Times;Aug2005, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p94
Introduces several plumbing equipment. Availability of the FloodSafe, an auto-shutoff connector from Watts Regulator Co.; Features of the Model RCV groove swing check valves from Globe Fire Sprinkler Corp.; Specification of RAUPANEL system for radiant heating from REHAU Inc.
- Products. // PM Engineer;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p82
Provides information on various products for plumbing, piping, and hydronics. Globe Fire Sprinkler Corporation's window sprinklers; High torque actuators from Honeywell; Tiscor's equipment inspection aid; Elkay Manufacturing Company's service sink expansion; Others.
- Globe recalls dry sprinklers. // Contractor Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p22
This article reports that Globe Fire Sprinkler Corp. and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a voluntary recall of sprinkler heads. The reason for the recall is that the sprinkler heads can deteriorate over time and fail to operate in a fire. The sprinklers were sold under the...
- Don't diminish sprinklers just to gain market share. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
Comments on the trend in the construction industry to implement changes in the design and installation of sprinkler system to reduce costs. Reasons why people don't install sprinklers in their homes; Government regulations; Feasibility of a combined plumbing and sprinkler system.
- Making money in the printing business. Evans, Colin // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/4/93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p16
Reports Edmonton police seized $250,000 of illegal $20 bills and made seven arrests following raids on six Edmonton-area residences. Best-made counterfeits ever seen in Canada; Pressman at Ronald's Printing was one charged; Police unwilling to comment on various rumors; Conterfeits as often...
- Making money. Bahr, Robert // Boys' Life;Feb1993, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the problem of counterfeit money and how the Secret Service works to put counterfeiters out of business. Why it is difficult to reproduce paper money; Jail sentence if convicted for counterfeiting; Examples of counterfeiters; Money trivia. INSET: The counterfeiters..
- New money. // Jet;3/25/96, Vol. 89 Issue 19, p40
Reports on the Treasury Department's shipping of a redesigned $100 bills on March 1996 to banks to stop the increasing number of counterfeiters from making replicas in the United States.