FEMA Offers Conference Papers as Book
- Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Reques. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;Oct2013, Vol. 78 Issue 190, p60301
The article presents a notice issued by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) seeking comments concerning the data collection activity required to prepare the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) After Action Report (AAR) Improvement Plan (IP) to be submitted...
- Keeping track of quake risks. // Business Insurance;09/25/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p8
Comments on the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency's study of earthquake risk in the country as of September 25, 2000. Regions identified as at risk from earthquake in the U.S.; Implications for risk management in the country.
- CHAPTER 1: A STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE ON U.S. HOMELAND DEFENSE: PROBLEM AND RESPONSE. Hamre, John J. // . . . to insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common def;9/1/2000, p11
Chapter 1 of the book "â€¦ to insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defenceâ€¦" is presented. It presents the author's opinion on the homeland security concerns of the United States. The federal response plan to emergencies at the local level is based on the Federal...
- Real Fixer-Upper. Morris, Gary // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p36
The article presents disaster response recommendations to the United States administration and Congress. Congress should separate the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The FEMA should be returned to a Cabinet-level position, acquiring...
- Hampshire, Morgan Counties to Receive Homeland Security Award. PISCIOTTA, MARLA // State Journal (WV);12/20/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p13
The article reports that Hampshire County, West Virginia will receive the West Virginia Homeland Security award through the community ratio system of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to reduce costs on flood insurance premium.
- FEMA Previews TOPOFF 4 Observations. // Fire Chief;May2008, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p16
The article provides information on the meeting held by the Federal Emergency Management Agency at the Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The agency met with state homeland security advisors, state emergency management directors and participants from...
- Mike Byrne. MCKAY, JIM // Government Technology;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p23
The article focuses on Mike Byrne, National Incident Management Assistance team leader of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), who helped develop Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 that established the national comprehensive incident management system.
- Homeland Security: Observations on DHS and FEMA Efforts to Prepare for and Respond to Major and Catastrophic Disasters and Address Related Recommendations and Legislation: GAO-07-835T. Jenkins Jr., William O. // GAO Reports;5/15/2007, p1
As a new hurricane season approaches, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) faces the simultaneous challenges of preparing for the season and implementing the reorganization and other provisions of the Post-Katrina Emergency Management...
- Plantings Associated with Eligible Facilities (RP9524.5). Kaufman, David J. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;8/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 151, p46767
The article presents a notice from the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) requesting for comments on the Recovery Policy "Plantings Associated with Eligible Facilities (RP9524.5)." It is inferred that the comments must be submitted on or before September 5, 2012. A brief overview on...