- PENGUIN BOOKS. // Design Week;Jan2010 Hot 50 Supplement, p15
The article focuses on several developments made by Penguin Books Ltd. in the design industry in Great Britain.
- A kind of contagion. Rosenberg, M. // New Statesman & Society;5/17/91, Vol. 4 Issue 151, p38
Comments on the 50th birthday celebration of Puffin Books, the maker of full-color, paperback children's books. The first editor, Eleanor Graham; What Puffin will sell this year in Britain; What the achievement rests on; Details.
- Penguin Books Hits 75. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 20, p9
The article mentions the anniversary of Penguin Books, which has been in business for 75 years.
- Reorganization at Penguin U.K.; layoffs seen ahead. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;7/10/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 28, p9
Announces the restructuring and layoffs at Penguin U.K. in order to integrate hardcover and softcover publishing as fully as possible. New adult editorial structure; Creation of the division Penguin Press to handle Allen Lane line of books; State of British book trading.
- Penguin staff protest U.K. layoffs. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;12/11/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 50, p22
Reports that a hundred staff members of Penguin U.K. demonstrated outside the firm's head office in London, England, to protest recent layoffs, increased workloads and what they complained is a lack of managerial direction. Petition sent to the group chief executive Peter Mayer.
- Dutton Children's Books and Playskool... // Playthings;Feb95, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p10
No abstract available.
- Sound bites: Interactive media news. // Pro Sound News;Dec95, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p10
Presents brief information as it relates to interactive media news. Release of ROCKnROM by Electronic Publishing; Use of S350 wireless systems with TGX35 microphones at Live 95; TC Electronic goes online.
- Searching for a good read. // Marketing Week (01419285);5/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p50
Reports the use of a search engine marketing (SEM) by Penguin UK. Benefits of SEM; Reasons for undertaking search engine optimization; Selection of Webgravity to run a six month test campaign for the company.
- Penguin switches tactics with TV drive. McCormick, Andrew // Marketing (00253650);10/20/2010, p3
The article reports on the move of Penguin Books Ltd. to make a television campaign for its "A Tiny Bit of Marvellous," novel by Dawn French in Great Britain.