The Effect of the 226-Hz Probe Level on Contralateral Acoustic Stapedius Reflex Thresholds
- Effects of Pre-existing Hearing Loss on Proposed ANSI S12.13 Outcomes for Characterizing Hearing Conservation Program Effectiveness: Follow-up Investigation. Simpson, Thomas H.; Amos, Nathan; Rintelmann, William F. // Journal of the American Academy of Audiology;Apr1998, Vol. 9 Issue 2
Draft ANSI S12.13 1991 Standard Evaluating the Effectiveness of Hearing Conservation Programs presents statistical protocols purportedly sensitive to temporary threshold shift (TTS) in occupational hearing conservation program (HCP) audiometric databases. Because it is well established that...
- When "Ouch" Is Seen and Not Heard. Jorgensen, Lindsey; Messersmith, Jessica J. // Audiology Today;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p56
No abstract available.
- New Resources for Audiologists Working With Hispanic Patients: Spanish Translations and Cultural Training. Reel, Leigh Ann; Hicks, Candace Bourland; Ortiz, Nathan; Rodriguez, Amanda // American Journal of Audiology;Mar2015, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11
Purpose: Hispanics comprise over 16% of the U.S. population (Humes, Jones, & Ramirez, 2011). Cultural and language differences may negatively affect services audiologists provide to Hispanic patients. The purpose of the current study was to assist monolingual English-speaking audiologists...
- Tympanometry: Do We Really Understand Its Vertical Axis? Venema, Ted // Canadian Hearing Report;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p7
A reprint of the article "Tympanometry: Do We Really Understand Its Vertical Axis?" by Ted Venema, which appeared at HearingHealthMatters.org, is presented.
- Untitled. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/15/93, Vol. 188 Issue 7, p20
Features the 1993 edition of the Standards catalog from the American National Standards Institute. Indexes; Subject index; Purchasing guide; Catalog cost.
- CFC conversion standard approved. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/28/95, Vol. 195 Issue 18, p4
Reports on American National Standards Institute's recognition of UL's `Standard for Safety Field Conversion-Retrofit of Products to Change to an Alternative Refrigerant-Construction and Operation.'
- International standards agreed upon. // NACD Directorship;Oct95, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and its Japanese equivalent have established a common set of principles and procedures to guide the development of conformity assessment.
- Proposed ANSI ergo standard available. Smith, S.L. // Occupational Hazards;May98, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the release of the proposed American National Standard Institute's Z365 standard, `Control of Cumulative Trauma Disorders,' while stating the standard is available for public comment. Benefits of the standard; When the comment period began; Contact information.
- Aerosol rule on burner. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;12/09/96, Vol. 2 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the implementation of the proposed safety standards for processing empty aerosol cans by an American National Standards Institute subcommittee. Analysis of research on the aerosol-can safety issue; Focus of the group; Comments from Jack Legler, subcommittee chairman and executive...