REFLECTIONS OF A GOLFOPHOBIC
- Nothing but the best--at any price. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the popularity of high-end smoking and drinking vices despite their dangers and costs. Tendency for people to be consuming less of things and more of quality; Attributing to the vices' fashionability; Results of `Malt Advocate' readership survey revealing the average reader is 38...
- Smoking and Drinking Go Hand in Hand. Verster, Joris C. // Current Drug Abuse Reviews;Jun2008, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p112
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the link between smoking and drinking and provides an overview of the articles published within the issue including one on the genetic vulnerability to alcohol and nicotine addictions, and another on ways to help...
- Rise in alcohol, cigarette and marijuana use in Manhattan after 9/11. // New York Amsterdam News;5/30/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 22, p15
Reports the increasing use of alcohol, cigarette and marijuana after the terrorist attacks in New York City. Experience of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Symptoms of PTSD; Preference for alcohol among the substance use.
- NIGHT PEOPLE. // Mixmag;Jan2015, Issue 284, p10
The article presents answers for a question asked to several night people about what bad habit they will be changing in 2015 which include drinking, smoking, and improving the posture.
- The advisor. Smith, Scott // Golf Digest;Aug99, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p34
Explains the rules concerning United States golfers who consume alcohol to keep their handicap high.
- Smoking and drinking habits in adolescence - links with psychiatric disturbance at the age of 8 years. Ebeling, H.; Moilanen, I.; Linna, S.-L.; Tirkkonen, T.; Ebeling, T.; Piha, J.; Kumpulainen, K.; Räsänen, E.; Tamminen, T.; Almqvist, F. // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;1999 Supplement 4, Vol. 8, pS068
Abstract Smoking and drinking habits were studied among 1098 14-15-year-old adolescents using a mailed questionnaire. The subjects were drawn from a representative population of 5 813 randomly selected 8-year-old children previously studied in the National Epidemiological Child Psychiatry Study...
- Cigarette smoking and rate of gastric emptying: effect on alcohol absorption. Johnson, Richard D.; Horowitz, Michael; Maddox, Anne F.; Wishart, Judith M.; Shearman, David J.C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/5/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6767, p20
Examines the effects of cigarette smoking on alcohol absorption and gastric emptying. Measurements of rates of gastric emptying; Result of peak blood alcohol concentrations; Amount of test meal emptied from the stomach at 30 minutes.
- Alcohol consumption and smoking habits as determinants... Weyermann, Maria; Brenner, Hermann // Archives of Environmental Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p233
Investigates the influence of various lifestyle factors such as alcohol consumption and smoking on blood lead levels in a representative sample from the general adult population of West Germany in 1987-1988. Material and method used in the study; Results of bivariate and multivariate analyses...
- Tobacco use, the health effects of moderate alcohol drinking, and the assessment of their... Kozlowski, Lynn T.; Heller, Debra A. // Contemporary Drug Problems;Spring94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p81
Discusses the possible bases of a relationship between smoking and alcohol and mortality. Need for special analytical procedures to evaluate the interactive relationship between smoking and alcohol; Limitations of cross-product terms in assessing interactive, moderating relationships.