- CLUBS OPTIONAL. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Apr2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p17
The article focuses idea of team building event in playing golf in the U.S. The challenge for Susanne Marx, owner of Las Vegas, Nevada based-The Golf Event Co. is to facilitate 70 sales managers to play golf with a CEO. Her solution was a goofy nine holes at Seven Bridges, a public course in...
- The leadership principle that makes CEOs cry. KRAEMER, HARRY // Directors & Boards;2015 Third Quarter, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses the genuine humility principle in values-based leadership principles that draws the strongest emotional response from chief executive officers (CEOs). Topics covered include the quality of genuine humility to take one back to where one comes from, and to elevate ones'...
- Skip formal teams, try informal ones. // Executive Leadership;Mar2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p8
The article provides answers and questions including avoiding getting onto teams and making look bad to the chief executive officer (CEO) and the plan of co-employees of thrashing out a supervisor.
- Teamwork: Crucial link between CEO and personnel director. Gilroy, Edwin B. // Management Review;Nov79, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p30
Discusses the importance of teamwork as a crucial link between chief executive officer (CEO) and personnel director. Role that CEO and personnel director must share for profitable cooperation; Adaptation of CEO and personnel directors to social and personal values emerging in the firm and...
- How to let go. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/9/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p0001
The article offers information on the topic in the issue about how to delegate and build and develop a team that chief executive officers feel comfortable delegating.
- Data Trends. // Sell!ng;Oct99, p1
Presents a survey on chief executive officers and sales executives in the United States on the factors separating high-performing sales professionals from low-performing sales professionals.
- Can a CEO be a sales manager too? // ABA Banking Journal;Jun89, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the effectiveness of a dual role as chief executive officer and sales manager. Influence of the intense competition from other financial services in the development of the dual role; Concern on the scarcity of qualified candidates for the role; Emphasis on sales calls by branch managers.
- Crunched for Time? Schmidt Jr., Ed // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Apr2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p24
The article provides several alternatives to golf that take less time but still offer opportunities in networking and teambuilding. Sam Baker, president of Havernsham & Baker, asserts that creative ability and the emphasis of fun are the keys to a successful alternative golf event. The golf...
- Taking Care of Business. Furlong, Lisa // Golf Digest;Sep2002, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p172
Presents the golf handicap ranking of chief executive officers in the U.S. Decline in the USGA Handicap Index of Scott McNealy; Record of performances by Curt Culver; Integrity of Jack Welch in playing the sport.