HILTON, MARRIOTT WORK TO SAVE THE PLANET
- EXTRA! EXTRA!: News Briefs. // Hotel & Motel Management;12/10/2007, Vol. 222 Issue 21, p40
The article offers news briefs related to hospitality industry in the U.S. Prism Hotels & Resorts, Telemark Hotel Developers and Hotel Assets Group established a Viking Hospitality Fund LLC which aims to construct 30 new hotels under Hilton Hotels Corp. and Marriot International Inc. brands....
- Power play. Walsh, John P. // Hotel & Motel Management;05/07/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the move of hotels in the United States to add an energy surcharge (ES) on top of the regular room rate. Hilton Hotels Corp.'s adding of $3 per room per night ES; Marriott Hotels and Resorts' two different ES for its hotels in California.
- Timeshare Boosts Hotel Chain Earnings. // Lodging Hospitality;5/15/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the quarterly earnings of Marriott International, Hilton Hotels and Cendant as of May 2002. Increase in the contract sales for Marriott's timeshare business; Improvement in earnings of Hilton Grand Vacations; Factor to which the increase in profits and rise in revenues of Cendant...
- Hotels test different laundry-operation options. Whitford, Marty // Hotel & Motel Management;02/01/99, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the options in setting up a hotel laundry operation. Approach used by some chains such as Marriott International and Hilton Hotels Corp.; Advantages and disadvantages of each scenario in controlling labor costs; Insights from several executives.
- Hoteliers Trade Barbs on Miles, Freebies. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;03/27/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p77
Focuses on the advertising campaigns launched by Marriott International and Hilton company. Features of Marriott's campaign created by Lowe Lintas & Partners.
- Changing rooms. Southan, Jennt // Business Traveller (UK/Europe Edition);Jun2015, p30
The article features several lifestyle hotels including the Moxy by Marriott International, Canopy by Hilton, and the Hotel Jen of Shangri-La.
- EPA HONORS HI MARRIOTT. // Lodging Hospitality;5/15/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p67
This article reports on the awarding of the Energy Star seal to the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as of May 2006. Marriott International, the company that manage the Waikiki property, was also named Energy Star 2006 partner.
- Marriott announces budget Moxy brand. // Business Traveller (UK/Europe Edition);Apr2013, p6
The article highlights the partnership of Marriott International with Inter Hospitality, part of the Inter Ikea Group, to develop an economy hotel brand called Moxy in Milan, Italy and several European countries.
- Marriott on a Mission. // Travel Daily;11/19/2012, p3
The article reports on the partnership between Marriott Hotels and Mission Australia wherein Marriott Hotels would donate $350,000 annually and work with the employment solutions business of Mission.