- Up, Up and Away. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;3/27/2000, Vol. 261 Issue 13, p30
Investigates the impact of high fuel costs on the 2000 profit of airline industry in the United States. Options to increase the revenue; Effectivity of increase of surcharge in Federal Express Corp. services; Comparison of fuel costs between 1999 and 2000; Role of US Congress in repealing the...
- Charters avoid oil price rise. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/17/2003, Issue 2555, p3
Reports that charter airlines are not affected by the increasing oil prices in Great Britain.
- Save the Date: Apex Webinar. // Medical Meetings;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on the APEX Toolbox conference to be held by the Convention Industry Council on February 7, 2007.
- Spurned But Standing. FINLAY, STEVE // WardsAuto Dealer Business;Oct2012, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p41
The article discusses a conference titled "2012 F&I Conference and Expo". Several finance and insurance managers have participated in the conference and discussed the ways they manage customer rejections and objections. According to the finance and insurance manager Dina Wilson from Cumberland,...
- COMING EVENTS. // Air Transport World;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p20
The article presents a calendar of events related to airlines. The South Asia Aviation Finance Conference will be held on February 28, 2006 in New Delhi, India. New Route Africa Conference will be held on March 5, 2006 in Casablanca, Morocco. Air Cargo 2006 will be held on March 12, 2006 in...
- Emirates dire warning. // Travel Daily;3/28/2012, p8
The article relates the prediciton of Emirates President Tim Clark that a whole load of airlines will disappear or be squeezed out of business because of oil price hikes.
- No soft landing in sight. // Airline Business;Apr2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p62
The article provides an analysis of profitability of air carriers in Asia and Europe. It states that the final quarter of 2008 provide signs of how quickly market conditions have deteriorated for European and Asian carriers. Several carriers were reportedly affected by heavy charges in the...
- CIC Revises, Globalizes CMP Blueprint, Adds Computer Testing. Hatch, Sue // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;6/8/2011, p3
The article presents the Convention Industry Council's (CIC) revised Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Blueprint which provides guidance on the kinds of questions asked on the CMP exam. The blueprint, called the CMP International Standards, defines the competencies needed by meeting...
- L.I.S.A. Elects New Board Members, Presents Awards. // Insurance Advocate;6/16/2008, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p11
Information about several papers discussed at a symposium sponsored by the Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) on critical legislative, regulatory and financial issues is presented. Topics include new settlement law, funding, securitization, taxation. The symposium featured several...