Understanding AIDS-related bereavement and multiple loss among long-term survivors of HIV in Ontario
- Using Community Health Workers to Improve Clinical Outcomes Among People Living with HIV: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Kenya, Sonjia; Jones, Jamal; Arheart, Kristopher; Kobetz, Erin; Chida, Natasha; Baer, Shelly; Powell, Alexis; Symes, Stephen; Hunte, Tai; Monroe, Anne; Carrasquillo, Olveen // AIDS & Behavior;Nov2013, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2927
AIDS-related mortality remains a leading cause of preventable death among African-Americans. We sought to determine if community health workers could improve clinical outcomes among vulnerable African-Americans living with HIV in Miami, Florida. We recruited 91 medically indigent persons with...
- Suicidal Ideation, Hardiness, and Successful Aging with HIV. Vance, David E.; Struzick, Tom; Burrage Jr., Joe // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;May2009, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p27
Several predictors of suicidal ideation found in older adults and adults with HIV are the same; synergistically, those aging with HIV may be at risk for suicidal ideation, focusing on the concept of hardiness provides insight into mitigating suicidal ideation and accentuating successful aging...
- Information from Your Family Doctor. HIV: Coping with the Diagnosis. // American Family Physician;5/15/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p2117
Offers tips on coping with HIV diagnosis. Psychological aspects of HIV; Influence of early treatment on the life expectancy of HIV positive persons; Legal issues associated with HIV.
- When it comes to relationships you need all three legs of the stool. ANDREW, DOUG // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/28/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 47, p10
The author suggests that a strong relationship requires respect, rapport and resilience.
- Resilient families better able to cope with crisis. Filipic, Martha // High Plains Journal;6/2/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 22, p13B
The article discusses a research on the aspects of family resilience which are categorized in three different area including family belief systems, family organization and resources and family communication.
- Serious depression may affect one quarter of people with HIV. // HIV Treatment ALERTS!;Apr2010, p38
The article presents a study which investigates the depression of people with HIV. The study included 205 HIV-infected people in Denmark and completed questionnaires regarding their HIV infection, income, and different factors of their depression. Results indicate that 83% of the respondents...
- Cognitive Reserve Protects Against Apathy in Individuals with Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Shapiro, Miriam E.; Mahoney, Jeannette R.; Peyser, Deena; Zingman, Barry S.; Verghese, Joe // Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology;Feb2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p110
Apathy is associated with impaired neuropsychological functioning in individuals with HIV. While cognitive reserve (CR) delays neurocognitive decline, CR's relationship with apathy has never been studied. We examined CR's association with apathy in 116 HIV-positive individuals recruited from an...
- PromociÃ³n de la resiliencia comunitaria. Carrasco Tapias, Nayib // Revista Katharsis;jul-dic2011, Issue 12, p67
The psychosocial health perspective has prioritized more on the professional discourses that are focused on risk and vulnerability around health care, today it increases the promotion of practices in which the subject and the community are assumed as promoters of his health and wellbeing from...
- Development and Pilot Testing of a Standardized Training Program for a Patient-Mentoring Intervention to Increase Adherence to Outpatient HIV Care. Cully, Jeffrey A.; Mignogna, Joseph; Stanley, Melinda A.; Davila, Jessica; Wear, Jackie; Amico, K. Rivet; Giordano, Thomas P. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Mar2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p165
Although peer interventionists have been successful in medication treatment-adherence interventions, their role in complex behavior-change approaches to promote entry and reentry into HIV care requires further investigation. The current study sought to describe and test the feasibility of a...