Political DDoS Around the World
- Practical identity protection you can use. Antonopoulos, Andreas // Network World;11/2/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p24
The article offers the author's advice on how to protect one's identity from the internet hackers and identity thieves. He advised not to give someone's credit card online and should be careful when banking online. He suggests to use password vault software rather than storing it in documents or...
- Defend Yourself Against Malicious Web Applets. Heim, Judy // PC World;Apr99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p272
Presents Internet-related tips for personal computer users. Safety measures to protect against hostile Web applets; Viruses and antivirus software; Easter eggs and source of information about them; Use of Outlook Express to collect electronic mail messages. INSETS: Quick Fix For Junk Mail...
- Probabilistic timing covert channels: to close or not to close? Di Pierro, Alessandra; Hankin, Chris; Wiklicky, Herbert // International Journal of Information Security;Jun2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p83
We develop a new notion of security against timing attacks where the attacker is able to simultaneously observe the execution time of a program and the probability of the values of low variables. We then propose an algorithm which computes an estimate of the security of a program with respect to...
- Never leave it all to your firewall. Bradbury, Danny // Computer Weekly;1/9/2007, p30
The article focuses on the issues related to the use of firewalls to protect a computer network from hackers. The battery of anti-hacking measures built into an application firewall can offer a level of protection, but hands-on management is still the key to network security. An application...
- Extend perimeter defense to application layer. Snyder, Joel // Network World;1/23/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p39
The article presents a perspective on unified threat management (UTM) initiated by firewall vendors. It stresses the effort of computer security vendors to provide better and stronger defenses on the growing plagues of viruses, spyware, malware and phishing attacks. It recognizes the ability of...
- Overview. // Software Quality Professional;Jun2015, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the computer software safety standards within the automobile industry, the significance of integrating computer software and hardware and computer security threats and hazards.
- From the Editor. // Software Quality Professional;Jun2015, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
The author reflects on the safety threats of a computer system and the increasing demand for the development of a quality software.
- HOW TO FIX THE FLAWS. // Computer Act!ve;12/9/2015, Issue 464, p6
The article presents tips for removing the eDellRoot certificate from Dell personal computers which include downloading and using the eDelRoot and DSDTestProvider removal tool, and running the Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials oeprating systems.
- DRIVE-BY HACKING. // J@pan Inc.;Sep2002, Issue 35, p30
Discusses the prevalence of hacking onto wireless networks. Implementation of wireless security; Pieces of advice to local area network shoppers.