Mission Essential Vulnerability Assessments - Try Them, You Just Might Like Them
- Electronic Access Control Systems: The Foundation of Your PSIM. Jensen, Joel // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2009, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on the use of electronic access control systems for physical security information management (PSIM). It highlights the consideration of the access control system in looking for the readiness in PSIM. It also indicates the things to be considered for the PSIM that include the...
- PRODUCT PREVIEWS. // InfoWorld;7/4/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p8
Evaluates several security management products. X1 Enterprise Edition from X1 Technologies; Telephone Password Reset Suite from Avatier; Geographic Intelligence System from MetaCarta; ContactNet 4.0 from Contact Networks.
- A distributable security management architecture for enterprise systems spanning multiple security domains. Priggouris, Ioannis; Hadjiefthymiades, Stathes // Electronic Commerce Research;Jul2006, Vol. 6 Issue 3/4, p355
Administering security in modern enterprise systems may prove an extremely complex task. Their large scale and dynamic nature are the main factors that contribute to this fact. A robust and flexible model is needed in order to guarantee both the easy management of security information and the...
- Ready to Tailgate? Jensen, Joel // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p34
The article discusses the implication of using the process of tailgating in security management. It indicates that tailgating is considered a challenging physical security practice because it involves an authorized individual to follow a non-authorized person to enter in a protected/secured...
- Off to the Right STARTSS for Entryway Security Decisions. Schreiber, Greg; Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2014, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p100
The article discusses a decision methodology, called STARTSS, that aid in deciding the best entryway security product for an enterprise. It outlines the factors considered in the STARTSS process which are divided into two parts, the before installation phase and after installation. Security...
- Access to Europe. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the growth of the European access control market. Value of the market; Effects of the European Working Time Directive on the demand for time and attendance-based systems; Factors behind the growth of the market.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p117
A quiz concerning access control devices and security systems technology is presented.
- The Bs: Barriers, Booths, Badges. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Provides tips on how to protect facilities from unauthorized vehicles and visitors in the U.S. Emergence of blast-resistant guard booths; Relevance of visitor identification systems and more versatile guard tour systems; Design of the Sky Watch mobile tower.
- Building the ARCHITECTURE OF ACCESS. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p109
The article focuses on electronic access control systems in the U.S. Distributed access control systems are recommended over centralized systems. Some manufacturers offer Web-hosted access control where a company's access control system is managed by a third party. Diagrams showing dual door...