Image Transmission - IT with Alarm Monitoring
- False Alarms--False Hope? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the security alarm industry's struggle in the U.S. to reduce false security alarms. Need for proper allocation of resources by the security alarm industry; Impact of false security alarms on the security alarm industry.
- Product Solutions Outdoor Protection. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
Features products for outdoor protection chosen by 'Security Magazine' editors. Philips' AutoDome camera; Silent Witness' V294A Angledome wedge style camera; Senstar-Stellar Corp.'s Perimitrax, an outdoor buried cable intrusion detection sensor; Delta Scientific's IP500 portable barriers.
- Extending the Perimeter. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Reports that security buyers have extended the perimeter monitored by electronic security systems. Increase use of sensors and detectors; Shift from contracted central station to monitoring to proprietary monitoring; Technology advances since September 11th.
- When to 'Stay off the Main Highway' and Use a Parallel Network. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p36
Provides tips on the number of options available that can be used to connect network cameras. Philosophies underlying the EIA/TIA 568 cabling standard; Use of unused conductors in connecting network devices and cameras; Consideration when approaching and installing network security system.
- TSA Working Around Implants. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the initiative of commercial airline passengers in setting off more metal detector alarms. Complaints against airport searches; Measures to ease complex airport security procedures; Approach for passengers with bionic devices and prosthetic implants.
- United Building Security: Urban Challenges, Diverse Solutions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the employment by Martin Cramer, vice president of the Downtown Dallas Security Directors Association, of a security video system for the facility of Dallas, Texas-based United Building Security. Description of the facility; Availability of the video system on a local area network;...
- Integrated upgrade. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the upgrade made to the 3GS integrated security system from Europlex Technologies as of October 2004. Function of the system; Significant improvements that are common to all 3GS nodes; Equipment added to enhance the capability of the 3GS wireless.
- The Bs: Barriers, Booths, Badges. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Provides tips on how to protect facilities from unauthorized vehicles and visitors in the U.S. Emergence of blast-resistant guard booths; Relevance of visitor identification systems and more versatile guard tour systems; Design of the Sky Watch mobile tower.
- Day, Night, Round the Clock. Poremba, Marquette // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p80
The article provides tips to consider in purchasing a day/night camera security system. It states that choosing and installing day/night cameras is challenging and it is important to consider the technical challenges which include sensors, pixels, and lenses. It notes that it is also important...