Leadership: Rewards and Education
- Jim Whiteshirt accepts national award Dec. 9. // Native American Times;12/17/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p8
The article announces that Tulsa Police Officer Jim Whiteshirt has been awarded with the National Native American Law Enforcement Association (NNALEA) National Medal of Valor on December 9, 2010.
- TPD honors Whiteshirt. SNELL, LISA // Native American Times;7/2/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on a Medal of Valor award given to police officer Jim Whiteshirt of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Wentzville Journal;11/9/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 80, pB1
The article announces awards presented in O'Fallon, Missouri, including the Missouri Medal of Valor to police Sergeant Steven M. Landsness, the Rotary Club's Vocational Services Award to Cottleville Fire Protection District firefighter Skip Stephens, and the bicycle each received by two...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;2/9/1963, Vol. 38 Issue 51, p64
The article presents information on the medals of honor received by Patrolman Vincent D. Kelly of Division 9. Kelly received the Walter Scott Medal for Valor, the Department Medal of Honor and the Thomas F. Sullivan Award. He was given the three awards after he trailed and disarmed a dangerous...
- NAMES IN THE NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p174
Announces the nomination period for the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor in the U.S. Recognition of firefighters who have exhibited exceptional courage without regard for personal safety in an attempt to save or protect human life; Presentation of the award by the President of the United...
- Correctional officer honored for saving laundry supervisor. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p21
The article reports on the honor given to Jeffery Allen Harris, a correctional officer at California State Prison in Solano, California for saving a laundry supervisor. Harris was honored by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation with a Gold Star Medal of Valor. Harris...
- Two Firefighters Receive Medal of Valor. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p20
The article reports that the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor award was presented to two firefighters, Edward F. Henry of the Charleston, South Carolina Fire Department and Gene F. Large Jr., battalion chief of the Fort Walton Beach, Florida Fire Department. Henry rescued people during a...
- Medal of Valor Day. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/7/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 37, p59A
Highlights the Medal of Valor Day hosted by the Vocational Education and Extension Board of Suffolk County, New York.
- Deputies honored. // Ellis County Press;6/ 9/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p1
Photographs of several sheriff deputies in Ellis County, Texas while receiving the Medal of Valor from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement in Austin, Texas on June 3, 2011 for saving the life of burn victim Jamie Nash including Ryan Connelly, Byran McGee, and Johnny Brown are presented.