Cost, Installation Time Cut with Network Installation
- What's the Price of Outsourcing? Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p44
The article reports on the implications of having an electronic employment verification (EEV) system in the U.S. According to a Cato Institute study, the EEV is ineffective, intrusive and expensive. It notes that implementing a full-fledged EEV has many practical and technical problems and would...
- Finalists Chosen for Wireless Awards. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2000, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p33
Features finalists in Interactive Technologies Inc.'s 5th Annual Wireless Awards. Recognition of outstanding wireless security system design and installation in North America; Custom Communications' installation of a Security Pro 5000 panel in a lake home property; Brigadier Security's...
- Case study: An integrator's challenge. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p73
Focuses on the problems encountered by integrators in installing integrated security systems. Problems in the design of integrated systems; Incompatibility of the manufacturers listed in the specification on the system; Technical complexity of integrated systems; Partial integration.
- When to 'Stay off the Main Highway' and Use a Parallel Network. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p36
Provides tips on the number of options available that can be used to connect network cameras. Philosophies underlying the EIA/TIA 568 cabling standard; Use of unused conductors in connecting network devices and cameras; Consideration when approaching and installing network security system.
- Solution Isn't on the Fence; It's for the Fence. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p112
The article reports on the installation of the PowerFence system, from Gallagher Security Management Systems, at Royal Electric Co. corporate headquarters in Sacramento, California. The system was installed to protect the equipment, vehicles and other assets of the company in the area. It is...
- ASK THE EXPERT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2006 Supplement, Vol. 36, p18
The article presents question-and-answer advisory related to security system installation. A technician asks if the entire Internet Protocol-based video surveillance system should be set up before the actual installation. Another technician asks why customers sometimes seem disappointed when...
- Security Cameras Now Protect Australia's Ports. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p23
The article reports that Pixim Inc. has been chosen as a key technology by Patrick, Australia's largest operator of shipping and container terminals. Pixim Inc. provides image sensors and processors for enterprise security cameras. Patrick teamed with One Security International Pty Ltd. to...
- Rack It Up. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p64
The article discusses common issues and effective solutions for designers of modern security facilities. Effective planning is an important element in infrastructure installation, particularly for security systems. The article notes that the design must be scalable and support both the robust...
- Easy Touchup for Installers. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Presents ways to touchup scratches in installing security systems in the United States. Occurrence of scratches; Advice on fixing the scratches; Use of a wax furniture crayon for the scratches.