The Accidental Manager
- New Heights. Connor, Matt // Casino Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p16
Profiles corporate financier Carl Icahn. Casino properties owned by Icahn in Nevada; Keys to his success; Benefits of the casino business; Investment strategies employed by Icahn.
- TOP STORIES. // MondayMorning;9/15/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the ImClone Systems Inc. disputes over Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.'s right to Erbitux drug in the U.S. ImClone chairman Carl Icahn says Bristol-Myers's claim to the drug, considered a potential successor to ImClone's only product, which had $1.3 billion in sales in 2007....
- Icahn targets ImClone. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/13/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 24, p4
Reports that the shares of ImClone Systems Inc. increased due to the positive data of its cancer drug Erbitux and news that billionaire financier Carl Icahn planned to increase his stock ownership in the company in the U.S. Efficacy of the drug in head and neck cancer patients; Improvement in...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;3/8/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p34
This article presents news related to business. Carl Icahn, the billionaire financier, has accumulated a 6.9 percent stake in ImClone Systems Inc., making him the company's second-biggest shareholder as of December. Verizon Communications Inc. and other local phone companies won a legal victory...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;10/9/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p16
The article presents news briefs related to business in New York. According to a report by the New York Building Congress, construction spending in New York City would increase by 11% to a record $20.8 billion in 2006. Imclone Systems Inc. has urged its shareholders to reject billionaire...
- FTC Gives Nod to Carl Icahn for ImClone Stock. Krause, Carey // Chemical Market Reporter;2/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the clearance given by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission for financier Carl C. Icahn to purchase stocks of ImClone Systems Inc. Clearance filed by Icahn to acquire the stocks; Reasons for the low valuation of ImClone; Partnership between ImClone and Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
- Is it Lilly? ImClone Stays Mum on Mystery Bidder. // Bioworld Week;10/6/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the mystery pharma firm bidder of New York-based ImClone Systems Inc. in the U.S. It states that Eli Lilly and Co. appears like a firm that would be willing to pay around $70 per share to acquire ImClone, though the big pharma neither denied nor confirmed that it is the...
- Publishing giant John H. Johnson passes at 87. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;8/11/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 33, p1
Presents an obituary for publishing giant John H. Johnson, who died in August 2005.
- BACKSTAGE. // Ebony;Jun1957, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the exploits of "Ebony" publisher John H. Johnson, Washington bureau chief Simeon Booker and photographer Moneta Sleet, Jr., in getting the words and pictures for the spread on Africa.