A Journey of a Thousand Miles
- A CHAT WITH MA WEIHUA. // Forbes Asia;5/25/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p53
The article presents an interview with Ma Weihua, the chief executive officer (CEO) of China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd. Weihua says that the global financial crisis during the years 2008 and 2009 has given banks the opportunity to attract new customers. According to him, people do not want to...
- CHINA BANKING. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShot: China - Banking;8/20/2014, Issue 1782, preceding p1
The article reports developments in the banking industry in Asia, particularly in China, as of August 2014, including the performance of such banks as China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd., China Construction Bank (CCB), and China CITIC Bank International Ltd.
- CHINA BANKING. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShot: China - Banking;12/24/2014, Issue 2235, preceding p1
The article discusses the banking industry of China as of December 2014 and includes information on the rapid growth of the shadow banking sector, the establishment of trust insurance fund to reduce financial risk, and overview of China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd. and Wing Hang Bank (WHB).
- CHINA'S NEW STARS: BANKS. // Global Finance;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p36
The article presents information on the banks of China. Bank of Beijing Co. Ltd. has expanded outside its home territory and has also extended its range of services. China Merchants Bank Co. has expanded its wealth management and credit card services businesses to register profits of 19 billion...
- The gathering storm. // China Economic Review (13506390);Apr2010, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the decline in the performance of banks in China from 2009 due to growing loans lent to borrowers. It says that both the risks of bad debts and the creation of non-performing loans (NPLs) downgrade the potential of Chinese banks. Fitch Ratings Inc. senior director Charlene...
- Competitive Landscape. // China Commercial Banking Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p47
The article presents the competitive scenario of the banking industry in China by Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. It mentions the country's protagonists companies such as People's Bank of China (PBC), China Banking Association (CBA) and China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC). It...
- A New Economy In The Making. Leander, Tom // Global Finance;Nov2014, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p50
The article provides an overview of the financial services industry in China in 2014. It offers brief information on several financial institutions in the country including Harbin Bank, China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd., and China Securities Co. Ltd. Critical topics being mentioned including...
- China,Hong Kong : CHINA MERCHANTS BANK opens first overseas private banking center in HONG KONG. // TendersInfo News;8/7/2014, p1
The article reports on Wing Lung, the first private banking center of China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd. in Hong Kong, China. Topics discussed include integration of financial service solutions to clients, trend toward development of cross-border businesses related to wealth management, and outlook...
- Amex Unveils Third China Card Link. Fangqing, Wang // American Banker;6/8/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 87, p11
The author reports that China Merchants Bank will issue a dual-currency American Express Co. credit card that will support transactions in both Chinese yuan and U.S. dollars.