India: Feminist film blocked
- Christians protest proposed `anti-missionary' legislation. // Christianity Today;05/19/97, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p55
Reports on the on the proposed `anti-missionary' law that has galvanized the Israeli Messianic community and sparked complaints around the world. Explanation of the law; Formation of the ad hoc Messianic Action Committee (MAC) after the bill's introduction; Remarks of the committee spokesperson...
- Fundamentalism: A Potential Constituency for an Australian New Right? Knight, John; Chant, David // Social Alternatives;Apr90, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p27
Suggests that the discrediting of the religious new right is waning. Combination in the movement of fundamentalism and support for social and cultural conservatism; Existence of a fundamentalist constituency; Link between people's formal religious affiliation and their beliefs.
- Beliefs drive racial hatred, violence against the `damned'. Lieblich, Julia // National Catholic Reporter;9/8/95, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p4
Presents several the leaders of various religious extremist groups in the United States. Attitudes of such groups towards racial diversity; Political objectives of racial hatred; Need for the federal government to deeply analyze the religious beliefs of extremist groups; Description of some of...
- Power preying. Stan, Adele M. // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p34
Presents an inside look at the Christian right's presidential strategy. Emergence as a force in national politics; History of evangelical Christianity in the United States; People behind the movement. INSET: Showdown in Des Moines, by A.M.S..
- FROM DOMINATION TO PARTNERSHIP RECLAIMING OUR FUTURE. Eisler, Riane // Humanist;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p7
No abstract available.
- Bible Thumpers Want to Repeal Rights Measure In San Diego. Kelly, Brian // Advocate;5/8/90, Issue 550, p20
Report that southern California fundamentalist groups intend to have San Diego's gay rights ordinance overturned through a referendum vote. Need to collect petition signatures from registered San Diego voters to place the measure on ballot; Prohibition of antigay discrimination; Comments from...
- Israel's `culture war' heats up in Jerusalem. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;8/6/96, Vol. 88 Issue 176, p6
Focuses on secular Jews' efforts to counter growing influence of the religious right in Israel. Background on the battle over the control of Jerusalem's Bar-Ilan street; Background on the violence between the two movements; Impact of the election of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu; Background...
- Religious fundamentalism and human rights. van der Vyver, Johan D. // Journal of International Affairs;Summer96, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p21
Examines the question of whether the belief on religious fundamentalism and human rights can ever be compatible. Distinctions between different types of fundamentalism; Properties of fundamentalism according to noted political scientists; Inconsistencies in the application of human rights norms.
- Emroz Khan Is Having a Bad Day. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);1/21/2002, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p4
Reports the foreign relations between the Pakistan and the U.S. Impact of the religious extremism of Muslims on the suicide bomber; Obligation of the US government to help the young people in Peshawar; Proliferation of madarassas in Pakistan for the growth of anti-U.S. movement.