Research topic: agency working
- An Alternative Look at Temporary Workers, Their Choices, and the Growth in Temporary Employment. Morris, Michael D. S.; Vekker, Alexander // Journal of Labor Research;Spring2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p373
We examine temporary workers (temps), their choices, and growth in temporary employment. We find that some people choose a temporary job because they desire greater schedule flexibility, particularly students and women with children. For most, however, weaker permanent job opportunities drive...
- WHEN EXECS GO TEMP. Thottam, Jyoti; Chapman, Esther; Holton, Avery; Johnston, Kathleen; Richards, Constance E. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/26/2004, Issue 16, p44
The article presents information related to an emerging trend in the U.S. industries in which highly skilled employees are working as temporary employees. It is informed that highly skilled employees make up the fastest-growing segment of the temporary work force in the U.S. and account for as...
- Employment Services Industry Profile: Japan. // Employment Services Industry Profile: Japan;Sep2012, p1
The article profiles the employment services sector in Japan as of September 2012. It notes on the decline of the sector by 5.9% in 2011. The market is forecasted to be valued at 56.6 billion dollars by 2012. Temporary employment is considered the largest segment of the sector. It is forecasted...
- Employers reach out to temporary workers. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);10/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p13
The article reports that employers with short-term needs prefer temporary and contract employees in the United States. The use of temporary employees is on the rise because of the retirement of the baby-boom generation, which has already started to affect the U.S. work force. Advances in...
- Can temporary help help your business? // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Winter95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p34
Looks at the results of a survey which polled a number of human resources and other executives from the United States' largest companies on the use of temporary staff in businesses. Comments by Andrew Denka, executive director of Office Team.
- Agencies or their clients, who's responsible for temps? Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/11/95, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p15
Focuses on issues on management of temporary employees in the United States. Issue on responsibility over employees working in temporary assignments; Definition of temporary help; Legal interpretation on responsibility over temporary employees; Two kinds of temporary employees; Contentions from...
- Temporary security. Hellerstein, Rebecca // Regional Review;Spring95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on temporary employment in the United States. Women as temporary workers; Workers in technical fields; Hewlett-Packard supports for contingent employees.
- The try-before-you-buy method of hiring. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p6
Reports on temporary agencies' hiring of temporary employees with the deliberate intention of keeping them on a permanent basis. Discussion of employee's transition to the employer's payroll; Key issues involved in the trend; Determination whether the hiring method is right for the employer.
- America Goes Temporary. Bové, Robert // Training & Development Journal;May86, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the expansion of temporary employment in the United States. Results of a survey conducted by Olsten Services, a temporary help services firm; Cost of hiring temporary workers; Reasons cited for their use.