Should HR axe under-used staff benefits scheme?
- Using your benefits to stand out from rivals. // Employee Benefits;Dec2004, p5
Comments on the importance of employee benefits in retaining employees in Great Britain. Factors critical in attracting best employees; Role of benefits as a deciding factor for taking a job; Objective of offering a benefit.
- How to retain your best employees. Wynn, Paul // Dermatology Times;Nov2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p100
Discusses the approaches in employee retention in the medical profession. Advantage of offering beyond standard compensation and benefits to talented employees; Introduction of gift certificates for good attendance, flexible hours to accommodate family commitments, free memberships to health...
- PLAYING THE GAME. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;May2006, p32
The article discusses the relationship between the human resource professionals and the finance department in an organization in Great Britain. The author offers comparison between the tasks and responsibilities of the benefits professionals and the finance team. The challenge in the human...
- Good managers are key to good workers. Cunningham, Marcus // Fort Worth Business Press;12/31/99, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p12
Stresses the importance of good management in ensuring the retention of productive employees. Employee fringe benefits offered by several companies; Core elements needed to attract, focus and keep the most talented employees.
- Work-life benefits take hold as focus shifts to retention. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;06/01/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Highlights the work-life benefits programs implemented by employers for employee retention in the United States. Flexibility in work arrangements and telecommuting benefits; Elder care resource and referral services; Effectiveness of work-life benefits.
- Have you heard? // Employee Benefits;Dec2004, p59
Provides information related to employee benefits in Great Britain and the U.S. Agreement of the British Royal Navy to recognize the beliefs of its first Satanist employee; Strategy of a New York City company in persuading workers to exercise their democratic rights; Fees provided to a concierge...
- Attracting and Keeping Outstanding Employees. Dowse, Patti // Crafts Report;Oct2007, Vol. 33 Issue 378, p62
The article offers advice to businesses on how to attract and retain outstanding employees. Several factors that employees value in their work include their control over their own time and performance and the ability to express their creativity. Some benefits to offer employees include the use...
- Comp and benefits to the fore in retaining great staff. Galindo, Linda // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Nov2010, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p5
The article offers tips on how to retain great staffs while running an efficient and productive organization in the U.S. The author is critical on the role of the key advisor which is managing personnel and management. The tips include identifying the trendsetters in the industry, identifying...
- Designing the Package. Chordas, Lori // Best's Review;Jun2005, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p59
Focuses on the strategies of employees of aligning employee benefits with corporate strategies. Creation of employee benefit packages to match corporate objectives such as personnel recruitment and retention and cost control; Costs spent by employers on employee health-care coverage and family...