…keep HR simple
- THINKING TOOLS. Carter, Debbie // Training Journal;Sep2008, p71
The article discusses the workplace exercises which emphasize the importance of recognizing values in the creative process. The first exercise focuses on five random words which will be grouped according to which is more dominant and explain the reason for the groupings. The second one relates...
- TALKING ABOUT MY GENERATION. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Mar2009, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p53
The article focuses on the problems when younger employees are working alongside with older employees at the same team in the U.S. One of the many challenges facing entrepreneurs with multigenerational workforces is when such workers are working together. Older employees wan to know that they...
- Have I got a job for you! Wang, Jennifer // Entrepreneur;Nov2009, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p24
The article provides an answer to a question on how to poach employees from their former employer.
- HELP COWORKERS COPE WITH TECHNOLOGY. Cox, Catherine; Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p6
Offers tips on how to help employees cope with technology. How to encourage employees through self-help technique; Importance of empathizing with co-workers; Lists of Web sites for technology information.
- The burden of managing people. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;2/15/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p9
The article offers an advice concerning the burden of managing people in the business due to the fear of confrontation.
- The Demands for Managerial Work in the Era of the Information Society. Wolf, Petr; Machula, Pavel // Journal of Turkish Weekly;11/19/2007, p1
The article outlines several strategies that top managers should focus on. The communication equipment and new type of thinking of the global investors has critical influence the employers daily life. With this, authors have to change the style of thinking and the change is now truly global. The...
- What trust really means. Nicholson, Natasha // Communication World;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
The article presents a letter from the editor of "Communication World" concerning the March 2007 issue. The author discusses her experiences working at a business where the manager attempted to foster fear within his employees as a method of instilling respect. The problem with this strategy is...
- People Skills. Brandau, Karla // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Feb2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the significance of improving the people's skills on their job performance. The author offers tips on how to depuzzle human behavior including the need to focus on employee's strength, the necessity to take note of the business activities, and the importance of determining...
- Stress at work. McMahon, Gladeana // Training Journal;Sep2008, p62
The article discusses the negative implication of stress to workers as well as to the organisation. According to the 2006/2007 Self-reported Work-Related Illness Study, 530,000 employees believed that they are experiencing stress that made them ill and 20% of them accounted for 80% of the firm's...