Letting go of staff while keeping tight control of the legalities
- expert's viewâ€¦ succeeding as a non-executive director. Bones, Chris // Personnel Today;9/4/2007, p31
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management including the most rewarding aspect of being a non-executive, the do's and don'ts for human resource management and the approach of a non-executive.
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;2/6/2007, p13
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management. One person asks on the need to use a digital recording device, dictaphone in certain meetings. A reader asks about reviewing the induction process, which has been planned to make it once a month, with key members of...
- The board's role in HR governance. BAILEY, REGENIA // Corridor Business Journal;8/24/2015, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p17
In this article, the author focuses on the importance of organization's human resource (HR) for balancing their organizations functions which includes management of human resource, making employment policies and use of board advisors on other staff hiring processes.
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Apr2012, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p5
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel departments in the U.S. including an error found on an employee's I-9 employment verification form and replacing employees with unemployed people with a lower wage.
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Nov2012, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p5
The article presents questions and answers related to human resource (HR) including company calendar, personal questions that can be asked during an interview and paying on hourly basis.
- Why HR can be the people's profession in trying times. Moir, Stephen // People Management;7/10/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p19
The author explains why human resources (HR) can become the people's answer to their employment issues and problems. This is particular when it comes to financial constraints. The author believes that the role of HR is not just about implementing the policies that may come as a result of harsh...
- expert's viewâ€¦ getting the most out of training. Brooks, Wendy // Personnel Today;1/2/2007, p26
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management. One reader asks about the top three training needs for HR professionals. Relationship development, business and commercial acumen and leading-edge thinking are three crucial areas for the performance of HR professionals....
- Terminating Employees, Fostering Culture, Paying for Training Time. Fiester, Margaret; Cossack, Naomi; Halvorsen, Regan // HRMagazine;Aug2009, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p25
The article offers answers to questions related to personnel management, including the steps to avoid the need to escort terminated employees out of the company building after the layoff, the role of the human resources (HR) department in fostering a high-performance organizational culture and...
- expert's view... Mizon, Keith // Personnel Today;1/13/2009, p29
The article presents questions and answers related to avoiding tribunals including what are the biggest challenges before human resource (HR) departments in avoiding tribunals, and what HR should avoid to prevent tribunals.