- Employee misbehaviour undermined the right to work in forced garden leave case. Hannon, Jane // Personnel Today;7/22/2008, p6
The article discusses the court case SG&R Valuation Service Co. v Boudrais & Others. Two employees resigned from employment with SG&R Valuation Service and gave three months' notice as required by their employment contracts. The company asked the employees to remain at home on garden leave. The...
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;2/24/2011, p34
The article discusses human resource court cases including Orr vs Milton Keynes Council, Hall vs Bull, and Yorkshire Housing vs Cuerden.
- Mother alleges '48 hrs.' violates daughter's civil rights. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;01/18/99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p13
Presents two court cases of interest to business enterprises and industries in Nevada. Civil rights lawsuit filed by a mother against Columbia Broadcasting System Inc., Diane Ronnau, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, Detective Mike Maines; Lawsuit filed by Magic & Movie Hall of Fame...
- In your court. Blackwell, Tom // Indiana Business Magazine;May97, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p57
Provides information on managing or avoiding business litigation in Indiana. Importance of employing legal counsel to draft a business contract; Confirmation letters for agreements with regular customers; Provision for the payment of attorney's fees in the event of breach of contract.
- COURT DOCKETS. // BusinessWest;11/12/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p58
The article lists the 2007 lawsuits involving area businesses and organizations in Massachusetts which include Constance E. Madeiros v. Premier Insurance Co. at Chicopee District Court and Ann T. Russo v. The Stop & Shop Supermarket LLC at Franklin Superior Court.
- Small but beautiful. Altman, Wilf // Cabinet Maker;09/08/2000, Issue 5204, p5
Focuses on the small claims against customer or supplier owing money from retailers in Great Britain. Need for claimants to secure Form N1 from the court; Percentage of interest per day, per year of the money owed; Impact of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act on companies paying late.
- Alleged toxic mold subject of suit. Cardinal, Denise // Las Vegas Business Press;05/26/97, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p28
Presents several legal cases involving business enterprises in Las Vegas, Nevada as of June 1, 1997. Includes Brenda Kuhn vs. La-Tex Partnership dba Shark Club; Judith Garner vs. Lincoln Property Co.; Micro Supply Inc. vs. Jim Crothers dba CCI PC Consultants.
- Security for costs. Langleben, Alan // Commercial Law Bulletin;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the question of security costs in legal proceedings related to commercial law cases in London, England. Role of the court in awarding security costs outside the European Union Economic Community; Principles in determining whether to grant security costs.
- â€˜Hopefulâ€™ signs for return of commercial docket. NOBILE, JEREMY // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/8/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p0003
The article reports that several judges and attorneys convened April 28, 2015 to discuss the pros and cons of the commercial docket to resolve complex business-to-business lawsuits like trade secret disputes, noncompete contracts and shareholder disagreements in Cleveland, Ohio.