Back in GOOD HEALTH
- MORE THAN JUST CANCER: PILOTING A SELF-MANAGEMENT PROGRAM AS AN INNOVATIVE, POTENTIAL PREVENTION STRATEGY FOR BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS. Caplan, Elyse; Becker, Julie; Schlener, Abbie; Kovach, Andrea Crivelli // Oncology Nursing Forum;Mar2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p518
With the changing nature of the disease, breast cancer is becoming a curable disease for some or a chronic disease for others. Totaling more than 2.2 million women and growing, survivorship is a greater concern, since little is known about what long-term breast cancer survivors (LTBCS) require...
- ONS Program Teaches Nurses How to Promote Cancer Prevention and Control in Their Communities. // ONS News;Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on the ONS Challenge Program of the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) designed to educate nurses on how to promote cancer control and prevention in the U.S.
- Conflicts of Interest in the Losing Cancer War -- by
Samuel S. Epstein, M.D., and Quentin D. Young, M.D. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;3/4/2004, p41
Over 20 personal injury suits, filed in L.A. County Superior Court on February 6, 2004, allege that the Prostate Cancer Foundation, established in 1995 by Michael Milken, the securities felon turned philanthropist, together with former NCI Director Richard Klausner and prominent NCI-funded...
- Oncology Nurse and Dental Hygienist: Finding Success at the Crossroad of Two Professions. Manne, Deborah S.; Giarelli, Ellen; Throckmorton, Terry A. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p913
Relates experiences in promoting oral hygiene of cancer patients. Significance of oral symptom management to patients with cancer; Establishment of Oncology Dental Support Services (ODSS), a program that provides symptom management for oral complications experienced by patients during cancer...
- New Group Supports Oncology Massage. Menehan, Karen // Massage Magazine;Mar2008, Issue 142, p27
The article reports on the increase in number of hospitals which utilize massage therapy for oncology patients in the U.S. It informs a membership-based group, Society for Oncology Massage, that plans to provide support and educational resources for practitioners and clients of oncology massage....
- news flash. // Better Nutrition;Oct2006, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
This article presents news briefs related to nutrition and health. September 2006 is the 39th annual Lupus Awareness Month to raise awareness among the common people regarding the disease. According to a research at UCLA's Jonsson Cancer Center, prostate cancer patients can get benefited with a...
- Delaware consortium fights back against state's high cancer rates. Tucker, Charlotte // Nation's Health;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the efforts put up by the Delaware Cancer Consortium to combat high prevalence of cancer in the state which was about 10 percent higher than the national average. .
- National Dialogue on Cancer Coalition Addresses Cancer Issues. // ONS News;Jan2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the effort of the National Dialogue on Cancer coalition to open a dialogue on the eradication of cancer. Aim of the group; Description of the teams comprising the coalition.
- Haskell will offer summer food program. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);6/7/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the announcement of the Haskell C.I.S.D that it will sponsor a Summer Food Service program in Haskell, Texas.