US companies give gay couples equal benefits
- Methodist school to include same-sex partners benefits. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;3/16/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the extension of medical benefits to same-sex partners to the employees at the Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.
- Berkeley Extends Spousal Benefits to Gays. Kuleke, Stephen // Advocate;1/8/85, Issue 411, p8
Focuses on the approval of spousal benefit program by Berkeley municipality for its gay and lesbian workers in California. Provisions of the Berkeley policy in extending spousal benefits to gays and lesbians; Eligibility criteria for gay couples to qualify for benefits under the policy;...
- LOCAL: Gay Spouses Covered In New 'Voice' Pact. // Advocate;9/16/82, Issue 351, p14
Reports on the eligibility of lovers of gay employees at New York-based Village Voice for medical benefits.
- Same-Sex employee benefits programs. // Toledo Business Journal;May2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p30
The article offers information on the employee benefits of same-sex couples showcased by different U.S. states.
- New employee benefit issues are putting pressure on business. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 20 Issue 115, p28
Lists employee benefit-related trends and issues affecting businesses in the United States in 1999. Mandate for providing benefits to contingent workers; Increases in expenses required in processing healthcare claims; Proliferation of small- and medium-sized businesses that are taking advantage...
- Providing family benefits can boost bottom line. Smith, Laurie J. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun96, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the benefits from providing family benefits to employees in the United States. Lower turnover rates; Increase employee productivity; Increase of employee loyalty.
- Employers investigating ways to integrate benefits. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the interest of employers in the United States to integrate benefits programs. Insurance programs that combine or coordinate the management and administration of workers' compensation; Proponents of managed results approach.
- Adopting these benefits pays big dividends at low cost. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;06/23/97, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on the use of employee's adoption benefits by business enterprises in the United States. Benefits to the employer; Why employers offer reimbursement for adoptive benefits; Provisions of tax legislation.
- Employee benefits issues in a changing economy. Censor, Martin A. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/14/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p6
Focuses on employee benefits offered by companies in the United States. Benefits on retirement, capital accumulation and cash benefits; Health and insurance benefits; List of executive benefits.