PROTECTING DATA DURING TRANSFERS
- Dilemma of the month… redundancy exercise. Wynn-Evans, Charles // Employers Law;May2009, p27
This article discusses the dilemma under the labor redundancy laws in Great Britain. It discusses whether a non-unionised employer that needs to conduct a redundancy exercise affecting more than 20 employees can avoid the process of electing and consulting with employee representatives. It...
- The XpertHR weekly podcast... // Employers Law;May2014, p6
The article offers information on April 2014 podcasts on the website www.xperthr.co.uk on issues concerning British employment law such as the process of conducting a fair and thorough disciplinary investigation and employers' obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
- Untitled. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;3/24/2009, p24
No abstract available.
- Legal Q&A dealing with strikers occupying an employer's premises. Herbertson, Gemma // Personnel Today;8/25/2009, p9
No abstract available.
- The XpertHR weekly podcastï¿½. Thiruchelvam, Jeya // Employers Law;Dec2011/Jan2012, p6
The article discusses the British employment tribunal decision on the Crisp vs. Apple Retail case.
- Handle with care. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;4/19/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5480, p26
The article focuses on the various issues which should be considered in the management of employees when contracts are exchanged. It informs that under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (TUPE) Regulations of Great Britain, employees of the previous owner become employees of...
- HEAD-TO-HEAD. // Employers Law;May2009, p10
The article presents questions and answers related to labor laws in Great Britain, including why has there been a huge rise in tribunal claims, what can human resource departments do to change employment practices and whether the new Acas code made a difference.
- Action points: what employers can do when workers go on strike. Noble, James // People Management;7/16/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p28
The article offers tips to employers on dealing with strikes by workers in Great Britain. Employers should be aware of the different types of industrial action since such distinctions affect their rights and confer different levels of employee protection. They have more ability to dismiss...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW. // People Management;Oct2011, p9
This section offers news briefs on employment law in Great Britain as of October 2011, including the results of a YouGov Stone survey of human resources (HR) practitioners on temporary workers, the increase in age discrimination claims, and the requirement for employers to report employee...