Mediate with staff to slash tribunal costs
- Managers need to learn mediation, says research. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;10/8/2004, p16
Cites a research conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development, which calls for public sector organizations to train all managers in dispute mediation to reduce employment tribunals in Great Britain. Lower disciplinary cases in bodies that train managers in dispute resolution;...
- Letting out the grief. Hill, Adam // Commercial Motor;3/8/2008, Vol. 205 Issue 5219, p34
The article focuses on the effects of the dispute resolution procedures of the British Department of Trade and Industry on employment tribunals. The Employment Act 2002 Regulations was enforced to encourage employers and employees to settle disputes in the workplace and use tribunals as a last...
- ADR Groups Comment on Uniform Mediation Act Draft. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Feb-Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p7
Reports that a committee drafting the Uniform Mediation Act in the United States has made changes in the draft on comments from various dispute resolution organizations. Discussion on the changes on the proposed Act; Aim of the Act; Information on the public policy meeting conducted by the...
- Geoff Brewer of Brewer Consulting considers the requirement for mediation of disputes. // Contract Journal;5/9/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6376, p64
Discusses the use of mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution procedures as part of the requirement for case management under the Civil Procedure Rules. Details on the case Susan Jane Dunnett versus Railtrack plc; Implication of the refusal by one party to consider mediation.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution benefits business. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/20/2000, Issue 322592, p10
Focuses on the increase in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services in the Fresno, California area. Costliness of litigation; Fresno County's creation of an ADR Oversight Committee in 1999; Goal of generating satisfaction among litigants; Pilot programs of the courts of Fresno and San...
- ADR & Y2K: A simpler way to resolve complex technology disputes. Mack, Raneta Lawson // Journal of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Employment;Summer2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the reasons that make alternative dispute resolutions attractive option for technology-related disputes. Reason of cost; Complexity reason; Reason of distraction.
- Emerging Options in Dispute Resolution. Ray, Larry // ABA Journal;Jun89, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p66
Provides an overview of the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and the skills necessary to use these procedures in the U.S. Forms of ADR; Percentage of cases settled during the 1988 settlement weeks; Different ADR processes; Factors which determine the outcome of the intake process; Types of...
- Settling the ENTRENCHED CASE Through The Mediation Process. Knotter, James D. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Mar1994, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p23
Describes a process which can disentrench a dispute in the United States so that it becomes amenable to resolution through mediation. Identification of applicable legal theories; Need to expose each side to the strengths of the other side's case and to the weaknesses of its own; Stakeholder...
- IF IT'S JUSTICE YOU'RE AFTER . . . // Building Design;12/10/2010, Issue 1943, p46
The article reviews an article on early neutral evaluation (ENE) by Justice Akenhead, which appeared in the periodical "Building Design," on November 5, 2010.