A Governance perspective
- The Cubrix, an Integral Framework for Managing Performance Improvement and Organisational Development. van Marrewijk, Marcel // Technology & Investment;Feb2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
Marcel van Marrewijk, academic director of Research to Improve, has developed an integral, multi-level, multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder management framework, based on a phase-wise development approach as described by Clare Graves' Levels of Existence Theory, Ken Wilber's Four Quadrant...
- A FIDUCIARY ARGUMENT AGAINST STAKEHOLDER THEORY. Marcoux, Alexei M. // Business Ethics Quarterly;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Critics attack normative ethical stakeholder theory for failing to recognize the special moral status of shareholders that justifies the fiduciary duties owed to them at law by managers. Stakeholder theorists reply that there is nothing morally significant about shareholders that can underwrite...
- The `I' in ethics. Digh, Patricia // Association Management;Aug98, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p105
Takes an in-depth look at the definition of ethics and how associations can effect an ethical makeover. Actions of a truly ethical organization; Need for actions other than an ethics program; Rules and platitudes; Internalization of choices; Facing ethical conflicts; Values at the heart.
- Codify your ethics. Gray, Sandra Tice // Association Management;Aug96, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p288
Comments on issues in establishing business code of ethics as a tool in managing associations. Benefits of a code in association management; Commitment of association stakeholders in supporting organizational code of ethics; Determination of how to implement ethical guideline.
- Managing for an Uncertain Future. Sanchez, Ron; Heene, Aime // International Studies of Management & Organization;Summer97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
Discusses the model of a firm's strategic adaptation as an open goal-seeking system. Open systems view of organizations; Properties of organization as open systems; Systems view of managerial cognitive processes; Kinds of feedback mechanisms managers may try to gather and interpret data to...
- Reinventing GOVERNANCE. Carver, John // Association Management;Aug99, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p70
Suggests a governance model for associations. Myths that impede good governance; Root cause of impediments to governance excellence; What a chief executive officer can do to improve governance.
- TOWARD BETTER GOVERNANCE. Tecker, Glenn; Frankel, Jean S.; Meyer, Paul D. // Association Management;Aug2002, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p46
Part I. Focuses on the evolution of association governance. Concerns involved in developing and sustaining a culture that supports the will to govern; Functions of an association's board; Roles of chief staff executives.
- Study Evaluates Association Board Practices. // Association Management;Apr2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p22
Highlights a report that sheds light on the board practices of associations in the U.S. Composition and director selection; Leadership and management; Roles and accountabilities.
- Imbecile calls Reporter office, bothers Redhead. Hudson, Mike // Niagara Falls Reporter;2/19/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p2
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to the political situation of the Niagara Falls City in New York. Members of the Niagara Falls City Police Department are already speculating for the replacement of Chief of Detectives Ernie Palmer. The ladies of the Lewiston Garden Club are hard at...