TETRACHYRON OMISSUM Y TRIGONOSPERMUM ALEXANDRI, DOS ESPECIES NUEVAS DE COMPOSITAE-HELIANTHEAE DEL CENTRO DE MÃ‰XICO
- FROM YOUR EDITOR. Allison, James // Water Garden Journal;Summer2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the passion of an individual for waterplants. Expression of success for growing season; Facilitation of hybridizing with a difficult genus; Utilization of the membership directory.
- VEGETACION Y FLORA ACUATICAS DE LA LAGUNA DE YURIRIA, GUANAJUATO, MEXICO. Ramos Ventura, Leandro J.; Novelo Retana, Alejandro // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1993, Issue 25, p61
The research work was carried out at Yuriria lagoon, in the state of Guanajuato, in order to know its vascular aquatic flora and vegetation, and to recognize the plant associations. Although the Yuriria lagoon is artificial (a dam), it presents a floristic richness which includes 47 species in...
- AQUAPHYTE. // Water Garden Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Looks into the report from the Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plant newsletter on Hydrilla verticillata spread. Consideration of hydrilla as a major problem; Tool use to help identify species of the invasive aquatics; Measures taken to curb the use and distribution of invasive plant species.
- HARDY WATERLILY (NYMPHAEA) SPECIES AND THEIR NATURAL HYBRIDS. Hellquist, C. Barre; Borsch, Thomas; Wiersema, John H. // Water Garden Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p20
Features the Hardy Waterlily species and their natural hybrids. Characteristics of the Nymphaea; Subdivision of the Nymphaea genus; Morphology of the Nymphaea.
- Perspectives in Experimental Botany. C4 photosynthesis: principles of CO2 concentration and prospects for its introduction into C3 plants. Leegood, Richard C. // Journal of Experimental Botany;Apr2002, Vol. 53 Issue 369, p581
C4 photosynthesis has a number of distinct properties that enable the capture of CO2 and its concentration in the vicinity of Rubisco, so as to reduce the oxygenase activity of Rubisco, and hence the rate of photorespiration. The aim of this review is to discuss the properties of this...
- HARDY NYMPHAEA SPECIES AND THEIR NATURAL HYBRIDS. Hellquist, C. Barre // Water Garden Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p18
Presents pointers to help distinguish the different hardy species and their natural hybrids. Varieties of waterlilies; Characteristics of the different hardy Nymphaea species; Illustration of the relationship of Nymphaea species with the subgenus Nymphaea.
- NOTA SOBRE LA PRESENCIA DE SPARTINA ALTERNIFLORA LOISEL. (POACEAE: CHLORIDOIDEAE: CYNODONTEAE) EN HUMEDALES MEXICANOS. MORA-OLIVO, ARTURO; VALDÉS-REYNA, JESÚS // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2011, Issue 95, p45
No abstract available.
- Ethnobotany of Folk Medicinal Aquatic Plants in Jordan. Al-Qura'n, Saleh // Botanical Review;Jan-Mar2007, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p51
Eighty-seven species belonging to 59 genera and 33 plant families identified in the study area are presented. The three families, with the most species represented were Labiatae (nine aquatic species), Compositae (seven species), and Salicaceae (seven species). The genera most represented were...
- Root exudation pattern of Typha latifolia L. plants after copper exposure. Lyubenova, Lyudmila; Kuhn, Arnd; Höltkemeier, Agnes; Schröder, Peter // Plant & Soil;Sep2013, Vol. 370 Issue 1/2, p187
Aims: Typha latifolia L. is an aquatic plant that has been widely exploited for the aims of phytoremediation. The main reason why we have chosen this plant species for the current study is its capacity to accumulate and detoxify heavy metals. The main topic of the investigation focused on the...