- Illness disrupts dreamy Christmas tradition. Amsden, Patti // Collinsville Herald;1/11/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 2, pA7
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of having their traditionally memorable family gathering disrupted and waking up from the fantasy of yesteryears when her grandson was rushed to the emergency room the day after Christmas.
- An O.D. In the ER. Bacigalupi, Michael // Review of Optometry;10/15/2008 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 145 Issue 10, p38
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of realizing the importance of the presence of optometrists in the emergency room.
- Accepting Reality. Holzinger, Michele // Teen Ink;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of spending a day in a hospital emergency room.
- Grey. Nagji, Alim // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/20/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 13, pE1041
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences as a medical student at the University of Alberta dealing with topics including his observation to man who came on a stretcher at the hospital for emergency, the operation to the patient, and witnessing his death.
- my best advice to you. CONNERY, ANA // Baby Talk;Mar2013, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p4
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of bringing her child Javier to the hospital because he was wheezing while sleeping.
- CRASH COURSE IN THE ER. Stemle, Cary // Louisville Magazine;Sep2011, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p50
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences inside the emergency room at University of Louisville Hospital. INSET: Nurses Plus.
- The Birth. Lyons, Paula // Journal of Family Practice;Jan1997, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the author's experience in assisting a birth in the emergency room. The author, an intern in her second month, was sleeping when she was called for the emergency. The emergency room greets them with heat, noise, confusion and the smell of half-digested wine. As they enter...
- The Other Chief. Neher, Jon O. // Journal of Family Practice;Mar2001, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p279
The article presents the experience of the author when he had appendicitis. He went to the emergency department of Dungeness Hospital in Washington because he was having intestinal cramps. There he met Doctor Johnson who is the chief resident of family medicine at the hospital. Doctor Johnson...
- Reverberations. Fogarty, Colleen T. // Journal of Family Practice;Mar2001, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p281
The article recounts the impact of the death of a patient on the practice of a physician. The author was only 5 months in practice at a community health center as a family physician. She was called by the emergency department physician because of a patient, Carmen, who was discharged a day...