Robosintris opens in U.S
- Robosintris opens Demonstration Center in Ohio... // Stone World;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p15
Details the opening of Robosintris SRL's permanent customer demo center in Columbus, Ohio. Use of the center to support diamond tool manufacturers in North America; Robosintris machines displayed on the center.
- Ghana. // Africa Report;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p12
Discusses Ghana's removal of diamond mining operations from the state-owned Ghana Consolidated Diamonds Co., in hopes that a joint venture with Lazare Kaplan International (N.Y.) and Inco (Canadian) will be prosperous. Expectations of producing a million carats a year; Studies conducted by...
- Namibia. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the agreement between the Namibian government and De Beers of South Africa which formalized partnership in the Namibian diamond industry. Benefits for Namibia's government; Security of the arrangement for De Beers.
- Rock on. Powell, Andrew; Arnaud, Michel // Harper's Bazaar;Apr94, Issue 3389, p210
Discusses prospects of diamond mining in South Africa. Industry status of the towns of Kimberley and Finsch; De Beer's diamond explorations; Industry tieup with political changes.
- Canada's edge: blood-free gems. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 165, p6
Discusses different aspects of the diamond trade as of mid-2000 including the sale of diamonds by guerillas to fund military campaigns which are often in violation of international law, and the growing involvement of Canada in the industry.
- Getting back the sparkle. Medina, David // Crain's New York Business;09/15/97, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p31
Reports that diamond dealers in New York City are trying to interest buyers by inviting bankers and technology experts to make presentations at their Diamond Dealers Club's headquarters. Assessment of dealers efforts to attract buyers; Comments from Eli Haas, president of the Diamond Dealers...
- Canada's north sees diamonds as a best friend. Langan, Fred // Christian Science Monitor;2/5/97, Vol. 89 Issue 49, p8
Presents information on the development of Canada's production of diamonds. Expectations of Canada's diamond producing capacity; Date on which production in Canada's first diamond mine started; Difficulties posed for the development of Canada's mine; Features of the diamond to be mined in Canada.
- Diamonds still dazzle. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the strength of sales gains of diamond jewelry in the United States in 1995.
- NOT FOREVER: BOTSWANA, CONFLICT DIAMONDS AND THE BUSHMEN. Taylor, Ian; Mokhawa, Gladys // African Affairs;Apr2003, Vol. 102 Issue 407, p261
It has been said that diamonds are Botswana's best friend, but with the rise of the 'conflict diamonds' issue in international politics, spurred on in the main by non-governmental organizations, Botswana has felt compelled to go on the offensive to persuade the diamond-buying public that its...