- Rivalry on pix. Fleming, Michael // Variety;3/28/94, Vol. 354 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the rivalry between Disney and Time Warner over claims as to who is bigger in theme parks. Reaction of Disney executives over reports that HBO is developing a biopicture of founding father Walt Disney.
- A happily ever after? Halonen, Doug; Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p1A
Reports that Walt Disney Co. expects to complete a cable-television retransmission deal with Time Warner Inc. by July 15, 2000. Time Warner's decision to pull American Broadcasting Co.'s (ABC) stations off its systems in the first week of May 2000; Time Warner subscribers' displeasure over the...
- Wanted: Unique content. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p14
Focuses on Time Warner's evolving retransmission deal with the Walt Disney Co. Overall value of per-subscriber fees for cable program channels; Upgrading of telecommunications companies.
- Disney looks closer at NBC. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;9/26/94, Vol. 4 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the negotiations between Walt Disney Co. and General Electric Co. on their proposed joint acquisition of Time Warner. Promotional possibilities of a network merging with Disney; Meeting of the International Radio and Television Society in New York.
- TW, ABC make amends, `agree in principle'. Andreeva, Nellie; Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/23/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 9, p66
Reports that Time Warner Inc. and Walt Disney Co.'s ABC network have reached an agreement in principle for the carriage of the network's broadcasting and cable programming. Terms under the tentative agreement.
- DRAWING BATTLE LINES. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 7, p7
Reports on Time Warner's resistance to Walt Disney Co.'s efforts to parlay its ownership of the KTRK television station in Houston, Texas into revenues for the Disney Channel and other owned cable networks. Possibility that Disney will remove KTRK from Time Warner's cable system; Contract to...
- CNN, ABC Hold Venture Talks. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p82
Reports the negotiation between OL Time Warner Inc. with The Walt Disney Co. Plan for a joint venture on the Cable News Network and ABC News; Exploration for opportunities for the growth of the business.
- Network gleam in studios' eye. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Time Warner and Walt Disney's plans to acquire a broadcast network to insure themselves an outlet for their prime time television shows and as a source of reruns for syndication. CBS and NBC as candidates for acquisition; Terms of agreement between Time Warner and General Electric's...
- Disney has own plan. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p31
Reports on the plan of the Walt Disney Co. to ask the United States federal government to intervene in the AOL-Time Warner merger to ensure that the merged company would not discriminate against competing programmers. Terms under the AOL-Time Warner merger; Disney executive vice president,...