A new broadband media
- Will iBlast pay for the transition to digital? Larry // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p16
Features iBlast, a company that offers digital television service. Other services offered by the company.
- IBlast adds 85 more stations. Kerschbaumer, Ken; Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p12
Reports on datacasting agreements signed by iBlast Networks with television stations in the United States in July 2000. iBlast's use of a small portion of member stations' digital television spectrum to broadcast data directly to digital tuner cards in electronic devices; Expected signing of...
- Interaction stations. Green, Danielle // Precision Marketing;11/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p19
Discusses the competition between interactive goals of digital television and the broadband service in Great Britain. Problems encountered in interactive television; Attraction posed by the mass-market broadband service; Perceived advantage of broadband over interactive television; Potential...
- ADC to trial MMDS service with Telinor TV. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p48
Reports that Mexico-based wireless pay-television firm Telinor Television S.A. de C.V.'s network will be integrated to ADC Telecommunications Inc.'s broadband wireless access system as part of Telinor's field trials for its business data transmission services technology.
- Troubling questions about cable's future. Lafferty // CED;Aug99, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the concerns of cable television industry players regarding the future of the broadband industry. Rebuilding of systems as a top priority; Deployment of cable modems; Support for television-based Internet services; Immediate competitive threat to the system.
- TOP 100 MSOS. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p22A
Presents lists of top 100 cable operators. Consolidation in the cable industry; List of firms; Number of homes served.
- ITV MIDDLEWARE REPORT CARD. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p30A
Presents lists of cable television networks product platforms. List of companies; Major application development platform; Operator partners.
- Cable Connections. Rothman, Warren H.; Barker, Jonathan P. // China Business Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
Reports that the development of broadband technologies has called into question in China the traditional boundaries that separate voice, video and data transmission services. Estimated total value of China's cable television (CATV) equipment market between 1998 and 2002; Focal points of the...
- Broad-based support for broadband services. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p14
Reports on competency of broadband services in delivering high-speed cable internet access and digital cable television in the U.S. Comparison of broadband technologies with digital video discs; Growth strategies to be adopted by broadband; Other technologies emerging in the U.S.