Satellite phones, capacity and little LEOs
- Globalstar USA Introduces Satellite Phone Service. // Tele-Service News;Feb2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the Globalstar satellite phone service introduced by Walnut Creek, California-based Globalstar USA for customers in the United States on a limited basis.
- Globalstar preps satellite phone. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p152
Focuses on Globalstar USA's plan to exhibit a Qualcomm-made satellite phone.
- Untitled. // Satellite Communications;Feb2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the rollout of Globalstar satellite phone services offered by Globalstar USA in the United States. Benefit offered by the service to customers; Pricing plan for the service.
- Orbcomm Licensed in Japan. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct98, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p24
Announces the plans of Orbcomm Corp., a provider of low-Earth orbit satellite data and messaging services, to begin providing service in Japan during fall 1998 since its service licensee has received authorization from the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications. What Orbcomm also received a...
- Celestial packets: Orbcomm targets messaging and monitoring with little LEOsats. LYNCH, GRAHAME // Telecom Asia;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p18
Reports that Orbcomm's packet-data based messaging and monitoring service is running and looking forward to imminent enhancements. Edge of Orbcomm over its LEOsat rivals; Target applications of the satellites; Enhancements in Orbcomm; Major hitch in Orbcomm's plans.
- Orbcomm Owns Little LEO Market. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the increase in orders for Orbcomm Corp.'s low earth orbiting (LEO) satellite end-user terminals. Market leader in the LEO business; Slowness in installation of the terminals; Industries that use the LEO technology.
- Globalstar Rises as Iridium Sinks. // Export Today's Global Business;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the performance of companies that are offering satellite telephone services as of April 2000. Bankruptcy of Iridium LLC; Launch of GlobalStar USA; Capabilities of satellite phones.
- Orbcomm, Immarsat Team To Tackle Machine-To-Machine Solutions Market. // Space & Missile Defense Report;11/15/2013, p6
The article reports that machine-to-machine (M2M) specialist Orbcomm and satellite communications company Inmarsat collaborated in an aim to develop a satellite-based worldwide M2M network using devices like the OG2 modem and the Multi-Network Access Point Platform.
- Orbcomm Seeks Time In Chapter 11 Filing. Morring Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/25/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 13, p61
Reports that Dulles, Virginia-based telecommunications satellite firm Orbcomm has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as of September 25, 2000. Details of the company's reorganization plans; Background on the company's financial problems.