- The Most Innovative Technologies of 1999. Hancock, Amy E. // Satellite Communications;Dec99, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p34
Focuses on the companies and technologies awarded by the magazine `Satellite Communications' for marking milestones for the satellite industry in 1999. Most innovative satellite voice solution to Globalstar; Most innovative broadcast technology solution to BARCO Saturn digital satellite news...
- Can anyone here play this game? Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p81
Provides information on Globalstar, a satellite mobile phone service provider in the United States. Perception of investors on the viability of the global mobile satellite telephony market; Comparison of Globalstar's business model and network architecture with that of Iridium; Technology used...
- Untitled. // Satellite Communications;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the four low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites launched by Globalstar aboard a Boeing Delta 2 rocket. Tally of Globalstar satellites in orbit; Remarks from Mac Jeffery, senior director, public relations of Globalstar; When Globalstar plans to complete its constellation of satellites.
- Globalstar to seek more capital. // High Yield Report;12/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p1
Reports on Globalstar's junk bond offering in the first quarter of 1999. Amount raised to fund its current project of putting satellites into orbit by the end of 1999; High yield market as the first preference of financing for the balance amount.
- Globalstar: Fighting Negative Perceptions. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p22
Presents information on the satellite business of Globalstar. Competition facing the company; Marketing campaigns of the company; Services being provided by Globalstar.
- 4 more Globalstar satellites up. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p15
Announces Globalstar LP's launching of four low-earth-orbit satellites to its existing constellation of satellites totaling 36.
- Globalstar's grace under pressure. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Dec99, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the satellite company Globalstar. Information on Globalstar low Earth orbiting satellites; Bent-pipe global voice network plans; Target market of Globalstar; Service provider to Globalstar's maritime market; Globalstar's capability to support high-speed Internet type of services.
- Globalstar puts up four satellites. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p33
Reports on Globalstar LP's launching of additional low-earth-orbit telecommunication satellites.
- Globalstar on the up, though more financing necessary. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p36
Focuses on Globalstar LP's position as a low-cost provider of mobile satellite service. Telecommunications firms involved in the partnership; Target of Globalstar's service; Impact of the launching of Iridium LLC's mobile satellite service.