Hospitals: Beyond the Patient
- Room for Expansion? // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p18
Several charts are presented related to the availability of breakfast menu items as options for morning hours in foodservices in the U.S. including schools, hospitals, and senior living.
- BY THE NUMBERS OUTSOURCING. // Modern Healthcare;12/18/2006 Supplement, Vol. 36, p60
Several graphs and tables are presented that show statistics about healthcare outsourcing in the U.S. in 2005, including the top 15 hospital department management contracts based on health care facilities managed, the top 15 outsourcing firms based on the number of healthcare clients, and the...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.
- Foodservice at Boston hospitals gets top bill of health from magazine. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the recognition of hospital foodservice in Boston, Massachusetts by `Boston' periodical. Provision of same menu for patients, staff and visitors at the self-operated foodservice at Brigham and Women's Hospital's Center for Women and Newborns; Room service as the rule at the...
- Pocono Medical staff helps redesign patient-meal menu. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p56
Reports on the help extended by the staff of the Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania to Janet Chrisnall and Sodexho concerning menu changes. Description of the old menu; Staff's participation in testing, reviewing and retesting of the menu; Description of the new menu.