On the Fly
- It's not your father's retirement home. King, Paul // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p30
The article considers the changes that has happened to the foodservice programs of the retirement communities in the U.S. The curbside service of Cura Hospitality for Homestead Village in Lancaster, Pennsylvania allows residents to call and place their orders. Bill Miller of Cura believes that...
- RENOVATION ON A BUDGET. Krueger, Kathy // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jun2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on the renovation of the South Haven Healthcare Centre, a long-term care facility at South Haven, Michigan. Color scheme selected by the administrator of South Haven Healthcare Centre for the facility; Materials used by the designer for the rooms of the nursing facility; Description of...
- Aiming for a major makeover. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/20/96, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p15
Reports that eight buildings surrounding the Fairhill Center for Aging are to be renovated. Information on the Center's main building; Estimates for renovations put at $2.5 million; History of the Fairhill Center; Comments of Stephanie J. FallCreek, executive director of Fairhill Center, and...
- Sarah Neuman to debut new residence model. KANG, CRYSTAL // Westchester County Business Journal;12/9/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 49, p9
The article focuses on the renovation project undertaken by the Jewish Home Lifecare's Sarah Neuman Center in Mamaroneck, New York worth $6 million which aims to create new model for long-term care.
- HOW NURSING HOME F/S IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the performance report of food services at long-term care facilities in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in annual food purchases; Average meals-served-per-chain during the year; Total beds of the facilities; Average daily allocation during the year.
- Anthony's Pier 4 partners to feed nursing home patients. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p108
Reports on the partnership between food service operator Anthony's Pier 4 of Boston, Massachusetts, and Aurum Network, an operator of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Terms of the deal.
- Nursing home converts lounge. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the opening of the Big Bear Cafe at the Suffield House, a long-term care facility in Suffield, Connecticut. Facility's use of a ticket system in lieu of cash; Patio-style tables with glass tops; Vending machine for sodas and breakfast items.
- Renovating an ugly duckling. McClellan, Richard // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep2004, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p68
Illustrates the renovation of a long-term care facility in Richmond, Virginia. Significance of the location of the property; Features of the facility before the renovation; Areas of the building focused for improvement and interior design.
- Designing signage: Wall products give nursing home the finishing touch. // Health Facilities Management;Aug2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p42
Announces that Fennimore Good Samaritan in Fennimore, Wisconsin completed a renovation that gave the 68-bed nursing home a more residential feel. Features of the renovation; Requirements for the room identification signage that will feature Fennimore's corporate logo.