Lovin' Their Salads
- Seasons Comes to Iowa State University. // FoodService Director;12/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p6
The article describes the newly renovated Maple-Willow-Larch Dining Center, which opened as Seasons Marketplace, at Iowa State University in 2009. Director of dining services Nancy Levandowski explains that the renovation began in 2006, and has resulted to bigger spaces in the form of better...
- Does salad grow on trees? Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p46
The article talks about the Food Literacy project at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The project encourages buying local produce that is made available on campus from mid-June through the fall in 2007. In addition to a daily salad bar in residential dining, the university's food...
- In With The NEW. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Jun2012, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p24
The article presents information on the changes that took place at the Iowa State Dining (ISU Dining) of the Iowa State University (ISU) after its renovation. Nancy Levandowski is the director of dining services of the ISU Dining. It reports on the increment in the meal sales in the cafeteria....
- Embracing Change. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p40
The article discusses the significant contributions of Iowa State University (ISU) Dining director Nancy Levandowski to the food services department of ISU. She was able to establish commitment with farmers with regard to the local purchasing program of her department. In terms of environmental...
- Demo cooking livens salads. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p84
Reports on salad offerings in some colleges and universities in the United States. Information on General's Chicken Salad at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia; Top selling salad at the University of Maine in Orono; Alternative to chicken ingredient.
- Adding more fusion flavors. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the increased sophistication of salad menus served in university cafeterias in the United States. Addition of ethnic dressings and ingredients; Combination of salad and protein dishes; Provision of individual unit variations in salad bars; Serving of several salad entrees every week.
- WITH JON LEWIS AT THE HELM: IOWA STATE SET TO BLEND RESIDENTIAL, UNION. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p14
Reports on a campus dining services department created by the Iowa State University in Ames that combines residential dining and catering with its Memorial Union food service activities. Career background of Jon Lewis, director of campus dining services at Iowa State University; Features of the...
- AT IOWA STATE AND ELSEWHERE: Creating student meal plan flexibility is right on the money. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the plan of the Iowa State University in Ames to merge residential dining with union food service activities. Factors that influenced food choices; Groups of campus customers; Areas of concern in campus dining.
- Iowa State Dining stays self-op. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
This article reports on the decision of Iowa State University to continue self-operating its dining services, following a two-month evaluation of bids from ISU Dining and the top three contract management firms as of March 2006. Todd Holcomb, associate vice president for student affairs, is...