- Global ingredient. O'Donnell, Claudia D. // Prepared Foods;Jan94, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p46
Reports on highlights at the 1993 Food Ingredients Europe (FIE) convention. World's most sophisticated, commercially available ingredients from European dairies; Use of enzymes to replace additives in bread; Research on antioxidants protecting stabilizer function; Use of specialty fats to...
- Ingredient technology buyer's mart. // Dairy Foods;Jan1997, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p43
Highlights products that were exhibited at the 1996 Food Ingredients Europe Exposition. Includes freeze-dried mesophilic lactic cultures from Bioprox; Milk calcium FG natural mineral blend from Garuda International; Nutribev lactose-free milk alternative from Archer Daniels Midland; Grace juice...
- GRAS Ingredients in the 21st Century. Frankos, Vasilios H. // Prepared Foods;May2002, Vol. 171 Issue 5, p35
Focuses on the emergence of generally recognized as safe (GRAS) self affirmation as the main source of food ingredient innovation. History of GRAS; Key elements in determining the GRAS status of a food ingredient; Discussion of GRAS compounds; List of typical GRAS substances.
- FLAVOR FOCUS: Outstanding Olives. // Fancy Food & Culinary Products;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p9
The article presents information on several gourmet olives including Garlic Stuffed Olives from Cherith Valley Gardens, Casterlvetrano Olives from Mezzetta and LaMedina Green Olives Stuffed with Aji Chile from FoodMatch Inc.
- Shopping List. // Real Simple;May2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p32
The article lists the ingredients used in recipes presented in the May 1, 2008 issue of the journal, which includes potato chips, carrots, and marshmallows.
- Culinary Themes and Variations. Rozin, Elisabeth; Rozin, Paul // Natural History;Feb81, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p6
Discusses traditional seasoning practices in different countries. Salsa preparation in Mexico; Flavoring traditions in China, India and South and Central America; Use of combinations of flavoring ingredients; Reasons why humans flavor their food; Flavor principles in cuisine.
- Cassava: The miracle food. Jiggetts, Joseph; Kliment, Felicia Drury // New York Amsterdam News;6/22/96, Vol. 87 Issue 25, p16
Discusses the cassava as a food staple. Choosing the best roots and how to prepare it; Health benefits of cassava.
- Ingredients. // Prepared Foods;Oct95, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p89
Features various food ingredients. Includes peach flavor from Beck Flavors; Spice blends from General Spice; Vegetable concentrates from Gilette Foods Inc.
- Demystifying mastiha. Holleran, Joan // Stagnito's New Products;May2007, p44
The article features the Chios mastiha ingredient that comes from the Chia variety of Pistacia lentiscus, an evergreen tree growing in the Greek Island of Chios. The ingredient adds an earthly flavor to varied products such as sweets, liqueur, chewing gum, and baked goods. According to the...