Beating the Heat with Cook-Chill
- Mission Accomplished. King, Paul // FoodService Director;1/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p26
The article discusses how Charles E. Anderson has transformed the food service program of Clark County School District in Nevada into a profitable business. Anderson was a middle school principal when he was selected to manage the district's food service program. Some of actions taken by...
- The pedigree of your equipment determines the companies you keep. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p21
Focuses on the importance of cooking equipment in achieving the goals of food service. Factors producing excellent products for cooking; Instances where products failed to perform well in the market; Tips in looking at sophisticated equipment.
- THE EURO KITCHEN. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, SPECIAL SECTION p26
Reports on kitchen equipment trends for food service operators in Europe as of October 9, 2000. Increase of demand for the central island stove; Application of magnetic induction in cooking; Versatility of steam ovens for restaurants with open kitchens.
- BUYER'S GUIDE 2008. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Apr2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p31
The article lists Canadian companies in the food service industry separated into various categories including food, equipment and supplies.
- FAST, EFFICIENT AND SAFE. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/3/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4775, pXIX
The article offers tips for food service providers on how to coos the right induction cooking equipment.
- How long does foodservice equipment last? That depends on how well you take care of it. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p21
Offers tips in extending the life of cooking equipment used in food service. Reduction of damage from abusive behavior and vandalism; Elimination od the possibility of harm from carts and mobile equipment; Protection of equipment before it gets damaged; Selection of and demand for product...
- ROMAINE BATH. Bryant, Katherine // Restaurant Business;04/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p102
Features various food service ingredients. Inclusion of a recipe for Rio Grande Caesar Salad; Marzetti Croutons; Ventura Care-Free classic dressings; Desert Glory Naturesweet tomatoes; Aviko Spiritwood Ale Beer Flavored Fries; Ethical Specialty Healthy Heritage Honey; Tyson Lady Aster Crepes.
- Big production. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;12/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 24, p99
Argues that volume cooking equipment is a solution to labor shortage. Ability of the Cook-Chill system to increase productivity while reducing stress in the kitchen and delivering a consistent-quality product; Food Processing equipment; Food tubs for storage.
- GRILLER TACTICS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/3/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4775, pXVII
The article offers tips for food service providers on how to properly choose open chargrill.