- Going Global. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p28
The article features Doug Davis, director of foodservice at Burlington School District in Vermont. Davis says his job is to feed students and this is not just a job but a passion. He helped establish the Burlington Food Council, a collaboration of the local farms, the district, area hospitals...
- Fresh produce news. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/21/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4249, p68
Presents updates on farm produce supplies for the British food service industry, as of November 2002. Availability of Galia melons and pineapples; Details of pricing forecasts for Peruvian asparagus; Quality of sprouts in 2002.
- CROP UPDATE. Lawson, Stuart // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/18/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4822, p41
The author provides information about the availability of certain crops and fresh ingredients in the British foodservice market including peppers from Spain, Morroco and across Europe, strawberries from Spain, and fine beans from Kenya.
- California School Districts on State Mandated Spending Spree. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/13/2014, p1
The article presents a report by the group EdSource as of November 2014, which showed that California school districts are mandated to invest on fresh produce, new equipment and upgraded facilities to ensure that excess foodservice funds are spent properly.
- Beaufort County schools raise participation 10-12%. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p12
States that the Beaufort County School District in Beaufort, South Carolina have increased its participation at secondary level since the introduction of a corporate iamage as `Sea Island Foods,' program. Information on the program; Expectations of the company; Increase in the number of...
- How school f/s is performing. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p90
Comments on the performance of foodservice operations in the United States, focusing on the increase in the total food service expenditures for 100 top school districts in 1996, while highlighting the Foodservice Director's 1996 Performance Report. Comparison of figures attained in 1996 to that...
- Summer Food Program. // Malakoff News (TX);5/ 4/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p14A
The article reports on the participation of Malakoff Independent School District (ISD) in Malakoff, Texas in the Summer Food Service Program, in which all children 18 years old and under will given meals for free.
- FOR PURCHASING ADVANTAGE: Cal. schools broaden scope. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the food service at the Torrance Unified School District in Torrance, California. Changes in the management of the food service; Benefits of the use of government commodities; Terms on the government cooperation.
- PUTTING IMAGINATION TO WORK: Utah schools raise participation with taste-tests, remodels, games. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the food service at Nebo School District in Spanish Fork, Utah. Strategies used by the cafes to improve participation; Goals of food service supervisor Bill Vest; Quality services offered by the cafes.