STEAL THIS IDEA
- Unlike the Super Bowl, Everyone Wins. // Food Management;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on a friendly wager between University of Massachusetts Dining Services Director Ken Toong and his counterparts at the University of Pennsylvania Matt Smith and Pennsylvania State University Barry Scerbo. The wager was on the Super Bowl, which pitted the New England Patriots...
- Going Global. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p40
This article focuses on the demand for global cuisine in the U.S. Francesco Esposito, concept development chef for Aramark, has developed two new concepts one Mexican and the other Asian, to complement true ethnic flavors with the needs of his company's business dining, healthcare and campus...
- Guest Chefs Galore. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the decision of the University of Massachusetts to extend the popular Guest Chef series dining concept. Winters can be cold and boring at the university, according to Ken Toong, director of dining services on the 13,000-student campus. Each entry in the series included a...
- AN AMERICAN CLASSIC: Chicken wings flying high. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p80
Reports on the popularity of chicken wings among food service firms. Chicken wings recipes created by chef Sam deMarco; Demand for chicken wings; Benefits of chicken wings in reducing the cost of production.
- A basis for creativity. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p80
Deals with various creative ways to prepare chicken in the food service industry. Preparation of grilled chicken; Recipe for Santa Fe Chicken Spring Roll; Cost of chicken parmigiana.
- Fowl play: Chicken wings its way into popular culture. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p61
Describes the popularity of chicken among United States foodservice operators. Chicken as an integral part of the menu; Background on the introduction, domestication and breeding of chicken; Chicken recipes from various chefs.
- CHICKEN IS LA KING. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p91
Offers a look at how chicken is used by foodservice companies in the United States. Statistics on chicken consumption; Overview of the growth of branded chicken concepts; Innovations in chicken preparation.
- An all-purpose entree. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p128
Discusses the popularity of chicken recipes at business and industry food service operations in the United States. Demand for chicken recipes at company cafeterias; Typical servings for chicken; Consumer response to chicken wraps; Variety of ways that food service operators serve chicken.
- Chicken. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p138
Presents chicken recipes served at food service operations across the United States. Includes Penne With Grilled Chicken from Con Edison in New York City; Chicken Burrito Grande from Glendale Schools in California; Chicken and Cheese Burrito from Albuquerque Schools in New Mexico; Balsamic...