Acres of Almonds
- Divided We Stand. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;9/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 17, p4
Editorial. Comments on the need of restaurants to improve the industry image in the United States. Views of the public regarding waitressing and bartending; Impact of the equity sharing programs of big casual chains on the restaurant industry; Comparison between the volume sales of...
- State helps fill restaurants' appetites for staff. Lane, Amy // Crain's Small Business -- Southeast Michigan Edition;May97, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p5
Reports that state and restaurant-industry officials have launched the `Cooking with MESA' campaign to provide workers with jobs at almost every Michigan eatery. Combatting the labor crunch; Public perception of the restaurant industry; Sponsors of the program.
- Beauty's more than skin deep: Operators who hire for skill exhibit the most attractive quality. Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;5/19/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p39
Editorial. Focuses on the hiring of food service employees on basis of their attractiveness instead of skill. Mention of a discrimination case against a restaurant; Emphasis on cleanliness and skill; Interaction in restaurants between stewards and customers.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/31/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p16
Presents news briefs concerning human resource developments at restaurants in the United States as of March 31, 2003. Inclusion of unpaid overtime wages to be collected by immigrant workers employed by the Burritoville chain; Culinary competition for ProStart students to be held by the Florida...
- When the conversation turns ugly. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;1/20/96, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p10
Editorial. Comments about the need for restaurant managers in the United States to change their attitude toward employees to ease the worsening employment situation in the restaurant industry. High cost of recruiting capable employees; Poor working conditions and lack of benefits for...
- Labor daze. Sympson, Ron // Restaurant Business;1/20/96, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the shortage of foodservice employees in the United States. Reasons for the labor crunch; Challenges facing the restaurant industry in the 1990s; Increased job competition in the industry; Attempt of the National Restaurant Association to enhance the image of foodservice jobs;...
- Servers get in the act as themers raise role-playing to new heights. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/95, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p43
Looks at a host of independent operators in the casual-themed niche in the United States which employs unique concepts concerning their servers. Dramatic examples; Profile on these restaurants; Comments from the restaurateurs on the concept.
- Ladies And Gentlemen, The RH Dream team. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec2000, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p12
Features restaurant public relations officers in the United States nominated for the `Restaurant Hospitality' periodical's 2000 Dream Team. Patricia Hughes of Restaurant Danko; Flo Woodard of The Court; Michey Bakst of Tribute; Rui Fernandes of Flagler's Steakhouse.
- Parrillaï¿½Pizzeria Quilmes. // Business Mexico;June2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p63
Features the Pizzeria Quilmes restaurant in Mexico City, Mexico. Services offered by the staff; Description on the ambience of the dining place; Specialty in serving empanadas.