Labour Market Threatens Long-Term Development
- Full Employment and Workers' Education. Hardin, Einar // Monthly Labor Review;May67, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p21
Presents estimates of the effect of changes in aggregate demand upon unemployment rates for the labor force as classified according to years of formal education. Differences in unemployment rates with amounts of schooling; Illustration of the mathematical model used to calculate the estimates.
- Education, not training, is key for unemployed. // Free Press (Buda, TX);10/14/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 28, p5A
In this article the author emphasizes the importance on educating people to address the problem of unemployment in the U.S.
- Education and unemployment in Israel, 1976-1994. Weisberg, Jacob; Meltz, Noah M. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Fall99, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p673
Examines the correlation between level of education and the increase of unemployment rates in Israel during 1976-1994. Comparison on the levels of unemployment between the middle and least educated class; Impact of unemployment rate on the labor market; Influence of public policies and...
- Educational attainment of the labor force and jobless rates, 2003. Krolik, Thomas J. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul2004, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p57
Presents information on the Current Population Survey focusing on the educational attainment of the labor force and jobless rates in the U.S. in 2003. Labor force composition; Unemployment rate for college graduates age twenty-five years and older; Findings on the jobless rates for persons with...
- Research Summaries . Whitmore, Bob // Monthly Labor Review;Feb76, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p46
Focuses on a report dealing with educational attainment of workers in the United States, current as of March 1975. Inverse relationship between educational attainment and unemployment; Long-term uptrend in the educational level of the labor force; Labor force participation.
- Business Environment. // Peru Business Forecast Report;2005 1st Quarter, p17
The article informs that the business environment in Peru continues to suffer from the legacy of the Fujimori era, with uncertainty surrounding the judicial system, property and personal rights and regulatory issues, a weakened banking system and ongoing problems with official corruption....
- Falling Behind the Rest of the Country. Hughes, James W.; Mantell, Nancy H.; Seneca, Joseph J. // njbiz;9/19/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the decline in employment rate which provides an evidence of a weakening economy in New Jersey as of September 19, 2005. Number of jobs generated by the state for the year; Comparison of the employment rate in the state and in the U.S.; Percentage of increase in unemployment rate in...
- Educational attainment of workers, March 1977. Michelotti, Kopp // Monthly Labor Review;Dec77, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p53
Focuses on the educational attainment of U.S. employees in March 1977. Impact of education on labor force status; Employment status of population by educational attainment, sex, race and origin; Comparison of unemployment rates by educational attainment, sex, race, origin and age in March 1976...
- Education and the Workforce. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2004, p13
This article focuses on the educated workforce of the United States. The American workforce is becoming increasingly educated as younger generations replace older ones. Over the past 30 years, the fraction of American workers who did not graduate from high school plummeted from about 36% in 1970...