RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA
- Economic Crisis and the Effectiveness of Insolvency Regulation. Manavald, Priit // Juridica International;Jan2010, Vol. 17, p207
No abstract available.
- Weathering a Recession. // Hispanic;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7/8, p60
Examines whether filing for bankruptcy can help save a business during a period of economic recession. Options for business which plan to declare bankruptcy; Difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy; Economic benefits of filing for bankruptcy.
- Confidence. Kerr, David // Credit Management;Jun2012, p17
The article reports on the publication of the latest Great Britain government statistics on insolvencies. It is said that the increasing numbers of insolvencies have historically accompanied the exit from a traditional U-shaped recession. The 2012 first quarter insolvency figures suggest that...
- Budget To Remain In Deficit. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2008, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p10
The article presents the views of Business Monitor International on the economic prospects for Estonia. Deficits for 2008 and 2009 are expected due to revenue growth stall on the back of a recession. The effects of the fiscal proposal is presented for a balanced 2009 budget. The impact of...
- Estonia: Inflation To Fall Further. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/5/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p15
This article forecasts the further decline of inflation in Estonia to 8.0% year-on-year in November 2008. The November figure is down from 9.8% in October and the 11.4% peak in April. It explains that the expected protracted recession will bring down inflation to 1.0% in 2010 with a long-term...
- When will the bad times really end? Harris, David // Commercial Motor;5/20/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5382, p16
The article discusses the reasons for recent business failures in the haulage industry despite the diminishing recession. Industry experts have warned that getting more work when recovering from recession can sometimes lead to insolvency. Additional spending on vehicles, warehousing and staffing...
- Bankruptcies soar in 2007. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;1/10/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p27
The article reports on bankruptcy filings of local businesses in Puerto Rico in 2007. Data from the Puerto Rico Bulletin revealed that filings increased by 12% in December 2007 from the same month in 2006. Overall, there were 7,740 cases filed in 2007, an increase of 43% from 2006. Local...
- BUSINESS BANKRUPTCIES INCREASE 67% IN 2008. Stormberg, Nicole // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p13
The article informs that business bankruptcies rose 67% in Oregon in 2008. The U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Oregon recorded 405 commercial filings, up from 242 the year prior. While filings of each business bankruptcy chapter rose last year, the increase in organizations seeking Chapter 11...
- Going for Bloke. Simnett, Jonathan // Adweek Magazines' Technology Marketing;Jun2001, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p53
Discusses the effect of the economic recession in the U.S. on the business in Europe as of June 2001. Bankruptcy of eToys; Failure of the Internet industry; Problems of the financial Web site The Street.