High Energy Prices To Keep Trade Account In Deficit
- Investor Confidence Should Recover. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 46, p14
Forecasts the economic condition of Slovakia in 2003. Increase in exports in January 2003; Factors that contributed to a weak overseas portfolio inflows; Rise in inflation in February 2003.
- Inflation To Fall Further. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p9
The article discusses an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2009. It is forecasted that inflation in the country by the end of 2009 is two percent. It is noted that unwinding of domestic economic activity will have a significant role in lowering core inflation in the forecast period. It is also...
- Risks Of Deflation. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p9
The article considers the decline of inflation in Slovakia in January 2009. According to the Harmonized Index for Consumer Prices (HICP), the country's inflation dropped in January with a 2.7 percent year-over-year. The main factor driving headline inflation lower in the country is low commodity...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p9
The article presents information and data on the economic conditions of Slovakia. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. inflation is set to rise sharply over the final months of this year from a record low of 2.0% in July-August, after state gas monopoly SPP was granted permission to...
- 2.0% Inflation Expected By End-2010. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the economic outlook for Slovakia. It is believed that the disinflationary trend in consumer prices that has been in play since mid-2008 has come to an end. It is expected that real gross domestic product (GDP) will expand only by 1.5% in 2010 and inflation will come in at...
- Higher Commodity Prices Drive Inflation in 2011. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p9
The article presents an economic outlook for Slovakia as of March 2011. It informs that the country's inflationary pressures will push the average consumer price inflation to 1.8% year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2011 due to the impact of indirect taxes as the government attempts to tackle its large...
- Slovak Republic: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2004, p15
Presents economic forecasts for Slovak Republic in 2004. Forces that confront the government; Information on protectionist policies; Rise in inflation; Populism; Trade policies
- the Slovak Republic: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2005, p13
Presents forecasts for the Slovak Republic in 2004. Forces that confront the government; Scenarios under various political regimes; opportunities for investors; Inflation; Economic forecasts.
- NBS V Market. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p14
Presents forecasts on the economic condition of Slovakia from 2004 to 2005. Effect of the macroeconomic performance on the koruna; Increase in automobile exports; Impact of monetary easing on inflation.