The Start Of The Slowdown
- Let's Go Round Again. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The article analyzes the political and economic situations in Czech Republic. The country's politics remains stagnant, as the two major political parties begin negotiations about forming a government for the second time. Civic Democrat and current Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek continues to...
- Let Us Not Be Misled by Growth in Average Wages! Horská, Helena // Czech Business & Trade;2010, Issue 1, p7
The article discusses the impact of the global financial crisis in 2008-2009 on unemployment and wage growths in 2010 in Czech Republic. It notes that declining economy is associated with increasing unemployment rate and unemployment growth results in temporary slow down of rate of inflation and...
- BMI FORECAST SCENARIO. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the developments in the Czech Republic's economy as of November 2002. Economic growth forecasted by the Czech Finance Ministry for 2003; Year on Year industrial output growth of the country as of August 2002; Economic implications of the rise in unemployment and damages caused by the...
- Czech Republic. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec99, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p79
Reports on economic developments in Czech Republic in 1999. Signs of recovery; Demand, output and prices; Rise in unemployment; Decrease in inflation; Projections for 2000 and 2001.
- Czech Q3 economy contracts less than estimated. // Regional Today;12/5/2013, p1
The article reports on a data showing that the economy of Czech performed well in the third quarter of 2013 than expected, which decline by only 0.1%.
- Nothing much holding back growth in '03, but deficit remains a worry. // Prague Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p15
Presents economic forecasts on the Czech Republic for 2003. Four external factors that suppressed the economy in 2002; Side effect of the global recession; Anomaly of negative interest rate and inflation differentials; Importance of the year for the economy from the point of view of preparation...
- Czech Economy: Fragile Stabilisation on a Lower Level. Fialová, Kamila // Czech Business & Trade;2010, Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on Czech Republic's fragile economic stabilisation on a lower level in 2010. It mentions revised data on economic development from the Czech Statistical Office which confirmed that the recession had already ended. It also cites decreased manufacturing industry production,...
- Czech factory survey hints at recovery. // Regional Today;03/04/2013, p2
The article forecasts the possible economic recovery of Czech Republic due to the improved market status of the country's manufacturing sector in February 2013.
- Czechs maintains key rate. // Regional Today;5/8/2014, p1
The article reports that the Czech National Bank is helping boost an economic recovery after a record-long recession by intervening in foreign-exchange markets for the first time in 11 years, as of May 2014.