Yet More Challenges For The Government
- CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p6
Reports developments in the Czech Republic as of August 2002. Decline of the short-term political rating; Postponement of pension and healthcare reforms; Liberalization of the telecommunication access.
- Parties poised to sing post-election refrain, 'Love the one you're with' Macháček, Jan // Prague Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p8
Comments on the politics in Prague, Czech Republic. Coalition between the social democrats and the centrist; Role of ideology in the formation of political partnership; Issues related to foreign policy task.
- HEALTH CARE IN MOTION ANALYSIS AND STEPS TO A SOLUTION. Stránský, Martin Jan // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Autumn2008, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on problems and their solutions regarding the health care system in 2008 in Czech Republic. Problems include dominant role of health insurance companies and corruption. In dealing with the problem on dominant role of health insurance companies, the government is advised to...
- The Reform Process Expected To Go On. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p7
The article provides a political outlook for the Czech Republic in 2008. Business Monitor International (BMI) believes that the Czech government will persist in implementing reforms, proposed in the reform package in April 2007. The effectiveness of the Czech government will depend on the...
- Coalition's fragility plain as new gov't takes shape. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the start of negotiations between Parliamentary election winners the Social Democrats and the Coalition on the formation of a coalition government in Czech Republic. Question on the longevity of the coalition; Factor that would force the Coalition to compromise on key points;...
- Coalition, CSSD agree on EU accession, but may clash on fiscal matters. // Prague Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the agreement between the Coalition and the Social Democrats in the Czech Republic. Unity in key areas like foreign policy; Plans of the Coalition to push for state budget and pension reform; Factor that could threaten the delicate balance of a Social Democrats-Coalition government.
- Deficit Cuts Stay On A Knife-Edge. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the need for cordial relations among the coalition partners of the Czech Republic's Social Democrat Administration for the smooth passage of the government's 2003 budget. Rebellion by Freedom Union (US), one of the coalition partners on emergency tax rises; Efforts made by the Prime...
- Country Risk Summary: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p8
This article overviews political, economic and social environment of Czech Republic. EU membership approved in June 2003's referendum, attention will focus on getting Finance Minister Bohuslav Sobotka's medium-term fiscal deficit reduction plan through parliament. With the coalition controlling...
- Czech Republic: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2003, p11
Provides a forecasting of Czech Republic's politics and government as of October 2002. Coalition agreement of the Czech Social Democratic Party with the Christian and Democratic Union-Czechoslovak People's Party; Instability of the foundations of the new government; Issues on taxation and...