Pressure For Further Monetary Tightening
- Rate Hike Expected But Timing Surprises. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Apr2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the projected interest rate hike after the unexpected decision of BanRep to increase the benchmark policy rate. The aggressive tightening cycle of BanRep has contributed to the peso appreciation since July 2006. The hike raises the differential in policy rate and U.S....
- APPENDIX II: FEATURE ARTICLES. Campbell, Karen // Central Bank of Trinidad & Tobago Economic Bulletin;Jan2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p87
The article presents studies on various elements of food price inflation and on weighted average interest rates on new loans both in Trinidad and Tobago. Results of the study on food price inflation reportedly revealed that domestic food prices are more volatile compared to international food...
- Inflation: Recent Developments. // Finland Country Monitor;Mar2012, p9
The article discusses the developments on the inflation in Finland from 2010-2011. It notes that the consumer price inflation rate for 2011 has increased to 3.4% due to the increased in consumer prices by 2.9%. It mentions the increasing prices as a result of the rising costs of housing and food...
- Russian inflation decelerates to 13-month low. // Regional Today;10/7/2013, p1
The article reports that Russia's inflation rate fell to the lowest level in 13 months triggering a debate over its central bank's reluctance to lower interest rates in the face of the worst economic slowdown since 2009.
- National Bank of Serbia cuts rate. // Regional Today;10/21/2013, p2
The article reports on the decision of Serbia's central bank to reduce its key interest rate by 50 basis points as inflation returned to the target range in October 2013.
- Deflation threat sparks Polish easing signal. // Regional Today;6/4/2014, p1
The article reports that the central bank of Poland is considering a reduction in the interest rate as inflation rate is expected to lower to zero by the summer season of 2014.
- Market discipline and monetary policy. Walsh, Carl E. // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p249
Examines the effects of forward looking expectations of future inflation and interest rates within an imperfect information network. Influence of future inflation expectations to monetary equilibrium; Possibility of output expansions despite the low inflation image of the central bank; Effect...
- India's central bank. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/3/2015, pA02
The article reports on the reduction interest rates announced by the Indian central bank by 7.25 percent due to inflation and economic growth.
- Appreciation Likely To Slow. // Middle East & Africa Financial Alert;7/28/2003, Vol. 2 Issue 43, p4
The article presents information about the status of the finance industry as of July 28, 2003. Lower inflation will encourage confidence, as real interest rates will remain attractive, even with further reduction in central bank rate in Israel. Speculative inflows are, however, liable to fade...