COLLEGE STUDENTS' ACADEMIC STRESS AND ITS RELATION TO THEIR ANXIETY, TIME MANAGEMENT, AND LEISURE SATISFACTION
- HOMESICKNESS IN SOCIALLY ANXIOUS FIRST YEAR COLLEGE STUDENTS. Urani, Maria A.; Miller, Steven A.; Johnson, James E.; Petzel, Thomas P. // College Student Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p392
Provides information on a study that explored the relationship between social anxiety and homesickness for first year college students. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Association of Increased Levels of Happiness with Reduced Levels of Tension and Anxiety after Mental Stress Testing in Japanese College Students. Satoshi Horiuchi; Akira Tsuda; Natsuki Toyoshima; Shuntaro Aoki; Yuji Sakano // Psychology (2152-7180);Sep2013, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p682
Previous studies from western countries have reported that happy individuals report lower levels of negative mood during and/or following mental stress testing; this finding has not been examined in Japan. This study examined the relationship between happiness, measured using the Subjective...
- Generation Stress. CHING, ASHLEY; PERAHIA, JOANN // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Crisis U," about identifying college students' levels of anxiety and depression in the October 2015 issue.
- Examining Social Anxiety Among Adolescents in Accordance with Coping with Stress Approaches. Hamarta, Erdal // Education & Science / Egitim ve Bilim;2015, Vol. 40 Issue 180, p125
The purpose of the present study is to find out whether there is a significant correlation between university students' social anxiety and their coping with stress styles, and whether coping with stress styles predict social anxiety at a significant level. The findings of the study show that...
- TEMOR A HABLAR EN PÃšBLICO EN UNA MUESTRA DE ESTUDIANTES UNIVERSITARIOS ESPAÃ‘OLES. García Fernández, Cristina María; Herruzo Cabrera, Fco. Javier; Raya Trenas, Antonio Félix // Ansiedad y EstrÃ©s;2015, Vol. 21 Issue 2/3, p157
The new demands of the European Higher Education Area on students have stimulated the development of stressful tasks that can generate anxiety in students, as is the case of oral presentations. Despite the numerous studies on this topic, few national studies have focused on university students...
- Sources of stress among college students. Ross, Shannon E.; Niebling, Bradley C.; Heckert, Teresa M. // College Student Journal;Jun99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p312
Determines the major sources of stress among college students. Examination of interpersonal, intrapersonal, academic and environmental sources of stress; Top five sources include change in sleeping habits, vacations/breaks and increased work load; Implications of findings in creating stress...
- Making the grade. // Prevention;Nov93, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p20
Reports study results suggesting that older students experience less stress when they return to school than younger students do. Researcher Malcolm D. Hill, Ph.D.; The survey involving 85 women of ages 26 to early 60s who were attending Penn State; The only returnees who experienced serious stress.
- Prediction of stress appraisals from mastery, extraversion, neuroticism, and general appraisal... Hemenover, S.H.; Dienstbier, Richard A. // Motivation & Emotion;Dec96, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p299
Predicts stress appraisals made by college students in specific situations through the use of several personality dimensions and a General Appraisal Measure. Prevalence of control and noncontrol components in the relationship between personality and appraisals; Mediation of general appraisal...
- Students and Stress: A New Frontier of Over-Connection. Broman, Forrest // International Educator;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p20
The author discusses the seriousness of the growth of stress among university students.