PSYCHOSOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL MEASURES AMONG FEMALE ADOLESCENT VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ABUSE: DIFFERENCES BASED ON PERPETRATOR IDENTITY
- The effects of group counselling on the self-esteem of sexually abused female adolescents. May, Margot; Housley, Warren // Guidance & Counseling;Summer96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p38
Determines if differences existed in the self-esteem of sexually abused female teenagers who participated in a group counseling program and a group of sexually abused female teenagers who participated in individual counseling. Testing of subjects from a central Florida school district;...
- ECUADOR. // Contours;May-Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2/3, p23
Trapped in sexual exploitation domestic violence and sexual abuse push young girls and adolescents into prostitution. Eight out of every 10 Ecuadorian families live below the poverty line. Three of them are indigent, overcrowding often leads to the girls in these families being sexually abused...
- DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND HOPELESSNESS IN SEXUALLY ABUSED ADOLESCENT GIRLS. Pillay, Anthony L.; Schoubben-Hesk, Susan // Psychological Reports;Jun2001 Part 1, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p727
Examines depression, anxiety and hopelessness in a sample of sexually abused adolescent girls in South Africa. Criteria for the diagnosis of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder; Relationship between hopelessness and suicidal behavior; Importance of mental health intervention.
- Teen girls grapple with abuse rates. // Trustee;Apr98, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p3
Discloses the findings of a study by Louis Harris and Associates on the number of teenage girls who had suffered physical or sexual abuse. Percentage of girls in grades 9 through 12 who had experienced physical or sexual abuse; Percentage who had been victims of date rape; Public health...
- REAL READS. // Dolly;Dec2011, Issue 492, p72
The article relates the life stories of three Australian teenage girls. First is an 18-year-old girl who was named Most Outstanding Female Athlete at the 2011 Australian Surf Life Saving titles in March. Second is a 17-year-old who suffered a life-threatening attack after having an energy drink....
- YOUNG, FEMALE & HOMELESS. // Dolly;Dec2005, Issue 422, p84
The article offers a look at the experiences of several homeless teenage girls in Australia. Most homeless teens come from broken families. Many of them were sexually or physically abused. These homeless teens have lost contact with their families and friends. They find it hard to go to school...
- MORE THAN A CRY FOR HELP? // Community Care;5/12/2005, Issue 1572, p48
Presents the views of two panel members on a sexual abuse case experienced by a teenage girl with a behavior disorder resulting which resulted from a family accident. Joyce Msiska, a social worker in a family support services; Jill Thorburn, a team manager in a looked after child service. ...
- United States: STDs: violence against teenage girls. // Off Our Backs;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the increased risk for teenage girls in an abusive relationships to acquire sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Likelihood of teenage girls abused by their boyfriends to acquire STD; Education of teenagers on dating violence.
- "My boyfriend's dad hit on me". de Gail, Danielle // Dolly;Mar2005, Issue 413, p75
Presents an article about a teenage girl who was sexually abused by her boyfriend's father. Relationship of the girl with her boyfriend; Impact of the experience on her social life; Support given by her family; Background on a lawsuit filed against the father.